2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve always wanted to do a caliper powder coat, At least once in a lifetime. So I sandblasted a full set of Raybestos and had a buddy powder coat them. Now that I got that out of my system, will install new Powerstop Rotors and pads with in the next couple of weeks. Should be ready for some summer fun as the mountains start melting out

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I’ve always wanted to do a caliper powder coat, At least once in a lifetime. So I sandblasted a full set of Raybestos and had a buddy powder coat them. Now that I got that out of my system, will install new Powerstop Rotors and pads with in the next couple of weeks. Should be ready for some summer fun as the mountains start melting out View attachment 214072
Nice!!! Don't forget to post pictures when you get them installed...😎

Reactions: praq1966

·
Registered
893 Posts
I’ve always wanted to do a caliper powder coat, At least once in a lifetime. So I sandblasted a full set of Raybestos and had a buddy powder coat them. Now that I got that out of my system, will install new Powerstop Rotors and pads with in the next couple of weeks. Should be ready for some summer fun as the mountains start melting out View attachment 214072
I unfortunately have no support that would allow me to do this for low cost (and no second vehicle to drive while it is done) so I plan to go the caliper paint route unfortunately.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I unfortunately have no support that would allow me to do this for low cost (and no second vehicle to drive while it is done) so I plan to go the caliper paint route unfortunately.
If I did not know someone who had the Powder Coating set up I would not have done it. I bought new calipers from Raybestos so no core charge and this is my daily driver as well, but will take a three day weekend to do brakes and install my Group 27f battery and hopefully my AFE intake shows up before then as well.
I will save the stock calipers and coat those and save them for the next rebuild down the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts