2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
keeps the stop start in whatever the last selection was if you selected disable stays on disable or the normal op of start stop $150 and worth it to me I hate my car dying at every stop sign dose'nt mess with any electronics and can be removed in about 3 min if you need to have the dealer do something under warrenty but it is undetectable by ODB plug it shows up normal

·
Registered
125 Posts
Actually I see it on sale for 129.95 now. I'm thinking of grabbing it since it says the Trailhawk Elite is a easy 1 minute install. Good find!

Ok decided to order it. Seems its 129.95 and no tax with free shipping. If it works perfect then I'm going to be a much happier camper. Thanks again for the link Pearl!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am getting this when I have some spare cash (covid has screwed me) I knew about this for the wranglers I didn't realize they made one the the Cherokees as well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think I'm in, that thing is annoying as hell!!!
I know it drives me nuts when I stop and forget to turn it off. I am praying this is going to work good and is easy to install. They say 90 day money back guarantee and 3 year replacement so for 130 thats a pretty safe deal as long as they honor it.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I know it drives me nuts when I stop and forget to turn it off. I am praying this is going to work good and is easy to install. They say 90 day money back guarantee and 3 year replacement so for 130 thats a pretty safe deal as long as they honor it.
Let us know when you get it, get it installed, how easy installation was, and how it works for you...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Will do. I'll take pictures when I do it if its as easy as they claim. I'll also test to see if it stays in sport mode like the video showed. Even though sport was on the Grand Cherokee and it was a push button instead of our selec-terrain dial; maybe it will work the same. Will soon find out!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steve (Owner) even talked me thru the install questions I had mine was just under the driver seat but others you have to pry off the plate surrounding the button on the dash I did that and it was easy but found out I didnt have to it was under my seat ,Duh :oops:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you call the owner picks up his own phone and is very supportive

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually I see it on sale for 129.95 now. I'm thinking of grabbing it since it says the Trailhawk Elite is a easy 1 minute install. Good find!

Ok decided to order it. Seems its 129.95 and no tax with free shipping. If it works perfect then I'm going to be a much happier camper. Thanks again for the link Pearl!
(y)

·
Registered
33 Posts
This has been around for a while. I was originally planning to get one, but after driving around with ESS on for long enough, I really don't even notice it anymore.

If you only just got your Cherokee, I'd suggest giving ESS a shot for a month. It works fairly smoothly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the input But, I hate it it always scares me and I don't want to find out it failed at a Murphy's Law Moment its a pretty useless device it is one of the reasons I wasn't going to buy a car with it after having driven one before but for $129 bucks No Problem , Solved

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pushing the button on the dash is free...

Reactions: Mark_

·
Registered
832 Posts
This has been around for a while. I was originally planning to get one, but after driving around with ESS on for long enough, I really don't even notice it anymore.

If you only just got your Cherokee, I'd suggest giving ESS a shot for a month. It works fairly smoothly.
Until it wears out the starter like 5 times sooner than if you didn't use it. Have you priced one of our starters??? They aren't cheap like the good old days, and not easy to change either...

·
Registered
9,311 Posts
Until it wears out the starter like 5 times sooner than if you didn't use it. Have you priced one of our starters??? They aren't cheap like the good old days, and not easy to change either...
In theory, engineers are way ahead on this issue and have designed beefier starters and ring gears for ESS applications. They also should've included a superior battery, which they have miserably failed
to do in these KLs, heh.
But as far as starters go : we have KLs that are getting close to 7 y/o, some with well over 100K miles on them, yet I have not seen anything about a failed starter. Yet. And I don't think @Desoto has ever mentionned starter issues within his taxi fleet (of Cherokees).

Not saying the starters are bullet proof, but... we aren't seeing them fail at all. Yet.

·
Registered
125 Posts

Pushing the button on the dash is free...
I agree its free to push the button. I agree ESS is useful in its own way. I just have no use for it. Besides now I can see if this will keep my jeep the way I like it setup when I get out of it. If I want to leave it in sport mode and start out that way with the ESS shut off everyday then thats an option I would like. (Assuming it keeps that setup for the Selec-Terrain).
Had my jeep a year and a half and driving here is 95% moving down the road, 5% stop and go.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Steve (Owner) even talked me thru the install questions I had mine was just under the driver seat but others you have to pry off the plate surrounding the button on the dash I did that and it was easy but found out I didnt have to it was under my seat ,Duh :oops:
Just curious but as in the video for the Grand Cherokee have you tried to leave yours in sport mode, then shut it down and see if it remains in sport mode when it restarts?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, it’s annoying but I do use it when I’m in a big city, figuring that’s when I’d get the most efficiency from it.

Around my neck of the woods, I manage to remember to defeat it 90% of the time.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts