2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those running a Basspro or any other spare tire sub...

What did you do with the Jack?

Can't decide between a spare tire sub (choice a) or a shallow down firing box in the cargo area (choice b).
Our Cherokees do not have the largest amount of cargo space so I really like choice a, but I would need a jack in case of emergency.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The basslink / Cerwin Vega fits inside the spare (fullsize) so that is not an issue. But the jack will probably need to be removed.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
I would keep the jack & any lug wrench, with the spare wheel/tire. I dislike digging for that stuff when I need to change a wheel roadside

question for ya, with a speaker in the spare tire well, do you have to keep stuff off it? or can you still use your cargo area for cargo?

·
Registered
35 Posts
question for ya, with a speaker in the spare tire well, do you have to keep stuff off it? or can you still use your cargo area for cargo?
You can still use your cargo mat on top of it. I believe they are designed for that.

I am also interested in what folks would do with their jack/wrench and/or how they'd choose to store them after implementation. I plan on putting one of these in soon and would be looking at trying to figure out the same.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Keep us updated. I called the place that I wanted to have install my Basspro Hub and the guy got really excited on the phone:

"**** man, you're getting one of those!!! Sorry for the language...I'm just excited. Since we've started carrying these, they've really blown my guys away but I haven't heard one yet. I'll be here when they do your install so I'm pumped for a chance to hear it installed in a Jeep!"

Getting mine done on 9/15.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts