2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend has a 2015 Trailhawk. It will be due for tires here shortly and Were thinking it’s time to do a lift as well. I was going to do a rough country, mfc lift, hazard sky, something lol. I’m finding that 265/70/17’s are a very cheap tire and I’d like to see if I can fit them without rubbing. I really don’t want to trim a whole lot and her car is still under warranty and I don’t want them being a pain about it. I know people fit the 255/75’s with some minor trimming. I know the 265’s are shorter by about a half inch but also wider by about a half inch. If I do any of the lifts listed above what will I be in for fitting this size

· Registered
51 Posts
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite MFC 2" lift with BFG KO2 LT 265/70R/17 load range C. Had to do the front pinch weld mod and reshape fender liners but no cutting of liners except on the front fender I had to trim off as much as I could to allow turning without rubbing.

Attachments

· Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2017 trailhawk, no lift, been running 265/65/17 fallen Wildpeaks. THEY ARE AWESOME AND I GO ANYWHERE RUBIS DO. THat said, 265/70/17 will rub the plastic skirt until you lift it about two inches; which will throw your alignment way off. They are too close in the front and the rear and there’s not much taper to the wells, so it takes a lot of lift to clear. Not worth it in my opinion.

· Registered
1,395 Posts
Please check out fallen tires before you buy a lift and 265/70’s. I have almost 50000 on them and they are still kickin ass
I second the Wildpeaks. Fantastic tires. They perform excellent off-road, they're quiet as can be on-road, they look sexy AF, and wear nicely. I've got about 25,000 miles on mine (rotated regularly in 4-tire rotation) and the tread looks as meaty as the day I bought them.

ETA: @wmrslvr what rims are those?? I don't want to hijack this thread but do you have any more pics of those? I like them a lot. I have a spending problem and have been thinking about new rims a lot lately, but those ones aren't even on my radar. Educate me plz!

via tapatalk : 2014 V6 Trailhawk

· Registered
77 Posts
My girlfriend has a 2015 Trailhawk. It will be due for tires here shortly and Were thinking it’s time to do a lift as well. I was going to do a rough country, mfc lift, hazard sky, something lol. I’m finding that 265/70/17’s are a very cheap tire and I’d like to see if I can fit them without rubbing. I really don’t want to trim a whole lot and her car is still under warranty and I don’t want them being a pain about it. I know people fit the 255/75’s with some minor trimming. I know the 265’s are shorter by about a half inch but also wider by about a half inch. If I do any of the lifts listed above what will I be in for fitting this size

265/70r17 are very similar to 245/75r17. Fairly common question on the 245/75r17 and the 265/65r17 are wider and a sliver taller.

245/75r17 people do a pinch seam trim sometimes. Can get away with just tying the liner up with a few screws. The front mud flap commonly needs to be trimmed. On full lock of the wheel they rub the lower A arm. If you get a full size spare the tire cover doesn't sit flat. On a 256/70r17 this will all be a bit more because it is a bigger tire. In the back I believe you will need to tie the liner sides back as well. Speedo/milage will be way off as well and that can't be recalibrated (2014-2018 can't idk about 2019/2020 models.)

If you want an easy drop in no mods required I would say 245/70r17 Falken Wilpeaks. They fit no issues. They are not that expensive and outstanding reviews here. Speedo will be off by something like 3mph at 70mph.

· Registered
64 Posts
I have a 2017 trailhawk, no lift, been running 265/65/17 fallen Wildpeaks.

@wmrslvr, any rubbing / pinch weld mods with those tires? Do you have other pics of them on your TH?

· Registered
23 Posts
Here are some pictures I thought I should post of my jeep with the Falken Wildpeaks at about 43,000 miles of rough trails in Ca, Az, NM, and Co. I hope to do Utah this year?

Attachments

· Registered
1,395 Posts
Here are some pictures I thought I should post of my jeep with the Falken Wildpeaks at about 43,000 miles of rough trails in Ca, Az, NM, and Co. I hope to do Utah this year?
What rims do you have?

EDIT: Nevermind. I zoomed in and was able to see a make and model. If you have anything to share about them I'd still appreciate it though, like fitment issues, etc.

via tapatalk : 2014 V6 Trailhawk

· Registered
26 Posts
I have a 2017 trailhawk, no lift, been running 265/65/17 fallen Wildpeaks. THEY ARE AWESOME AND I GO ANYWHERE RUBIS DO. THat said, 265/70/17 will rub the plastic skirt until you lift it about two inches; which will throw your alignment way off. They are too close in the front and the rear and there’s not much taper to the wells, so it takes a lot of lift to clear. Not worth it in my opinion.
I hate to jump on a forum and not make a positive comment… but you absolutely can not go where even a stock Rubicon can go. While Trailhawks are awesome (I own one) I wish people would stop making ridiculous statements like that as they aren’t helpful to people researching these options. A stock Rubicon would smoke even the most modded KL TH all things equal.

· Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
8,408 Posts
Also, I have a MFC 2” spacer lift and Firestone lifetime alignment; they’ve never not gotten it within factory specs
If you're not within spec on the alignment, you likely have an installation issue with the lift. I have been running the same lift for a while now, and mine aligned perfectly...😎

1 - 20 of 20 Posts