2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

First time Jeep owner in the UK - Just took delivery last night of my 18 Plate Cherokee Overland Multijet Active Drive II.

It has just over 8,100 miles on and I paid £19k - Which seemed pretty decent for this variant?

I cried when I taxed it but understand that there will only be one more year at the high tax rate before it drops down to standard.

I have come from a Mercedes CLA 220 AMG-Line, so quite a change from what I had - Will take a few weeks of getting used to I am sure.

Would love to know anything I should be looking out for with it, any hidden gems worth pointing out and also if anyone can tell me where the Subwoofer is housed, as I will be swapping this out :)

Mike

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome. Hopefully others can pipe in to help you out. I am not sure where the subwoofer is as my TH doesn't have one, but look first in the trunk (boot?) space on the sidewall. I am not sure if that is where it is on the Cherokee. Enjoy your Jeep.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi All,

First time Jeep owner in the UK - Just took delivery last night of my 18 Plate Cherokee Overland Multijet Active Drive II.

It has just over 8,100 miles on and I paid £19k - Which seemed pretty decent for this variant?

I cried when I taxed it but understand that there will only be one more year at the high tax rate before it drops down to standard.

I have come from a Mercedes CLA 220 AMG-Line, so quite a change from what I had - Will take a few weeks of getting used to I am sure.

Would love to know anything I should be looking out for with it, any hidden gems worth pointing out and also if anyone can tell me where the Subwoofer is housed, as I will be swapping this out :)

Mike
Welcome from Utah!!! The subwoofer is located in the back passenger side of the cargo area.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congrats on your 2018 Cherokee! Your subwoofer would be on the right side like this picture if you have one installed. They were only on ones that had premium sound upgrades from what I understand.
I would check the window sticker or run your VIN# to check all the options you have in case some were not pointed out to you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. Will have a look for the woofer over the coming days.

Where do I run the VIN# to check everything on it? Not a lot was really explained to me, as it was delivered with a non-contact delivery due to social distancing and I was kind of chucked the manual, thanked for my custom and then they took my old car away 🤣

·
Registered
855 Posts
....Where do I run the VIN# to check everything on it? Not a lot was really explained to me, as it was delivered with a non-contact delivery due to social distancing and I was kind of chucked the manual, thanked for my custom and then they took my old car away 🤣
The address below used to work for NA vehicles, not sure about the UK. Insert your VIN after the = sign, no space.

Or perhaps these:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Mike from another KL owner in the UK.
With regards to the road tax, I think you'll find you'll be payng an extra £320 on top of the "normal" (£145?) tax until 2023, as the £320 is applicable for the first 5 years of the car's life.
To find out more about your specific VIN no. such as build spec, recalls etc., best to register with My Jeep login and Mopar.com Official Mopar Site | Service, Parts, Accessories & More
Guessing you've got the 2.2 diesel under the hood as well, brilliant engine and can be economical on long runs, I'm getting 42mpg if not driving around town when it plummets to less than 30mpg.
Post some pics when you've got a minute (y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks - Trying the above now. I just spent half an hours trying to figure out how to get Android Auto working, however despite being told by the dealer it has it, I am now not sure that it does. UKJC maybe you can confirm? And Arrgh at the additional tax for that long, I thought it was only three years. Never mind!

Annoyingly my phone doesn't seem compatible with the audio system, as it just stops playing at the end of every song (but works fine with my work phone), so will need a new phone unless it indeed does have android auto. Would seem odd for such a car on an 18 plate not to have it these days?!

I shall post some photos later :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No - Not that I can see. I think the dealer mis-informed me. It's not a biggie really I guess.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like it is possible to swap out the unit for the new one, so might look into that :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just in case anyone comes back to read this in future, the UK model can NOT have the system upgraded to the newer version with carplay / A Auto - It is possible on the US model, alas none of the Euro models.

Now for my next task - Find out if the steering controls will work for audio volume / track skip, as selecting audio on the small screen seems to do nothing when you use the wheel buttons. All things you would expect to have on a £42k vehicle...from 2018

1 - 19 of 19 Posts