2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

Registered
2015 Limited 3.2 with a Bunch of Options
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Short of me going through all of your prior posts to figure out what "again" means, how about a little context?

Looks to me that either the weather cooled off or the tires just naturally lost a little air.
First day of Fall, yep, the temperature dropped over night. This is PA. I just drove 4 miles and the pressures are all up 3 pounds. I will check again later this afternoon

Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
You just need to add air. Should be 36 psi when cold.

Registered
Yeah 33 for 18'' tires (this is a 2015 Limited).

That is a monitoring system that works, reminding us that abrupt temperature changes affect tire pressures. I live in a zone where temperatures swing often, and sometimes by many degrees, and I've only once been nagged like that (last fall, big temp drop).

Registered
I had to bump mine up a few pounds yesterday, and I'm sure I'll have to go up a couple more by winter...馃槑
Since I do wheel/tire changes twice a year, that helps to avoid tire pressure surprises. But going from 80F summer days to sometimes 40F September days (like yesterday), means a 4psi drop (roughly), and soon October will bring freezing and below mornings, still on the summer wheels, so right now is the time (for me) to bump up those pressures a bit... before I get nagged.

Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
Looks to me that ALL of the tires are low on air (the best time to check is when the car has been sitting for several hours)...:cool:

Reactions: 1coopgt61

Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
imagine how far off our tires used to be before these were invented! even for the OCDs like me
LOL, I STILL keep 2 pressure guages in my glove box (one is brass(ancient), the other digital(for when I am lazy))

Registered
LOL, I STILL keep 2 pressure guages in my glove box (one is brass(ancient), the other digital(for when I am lazy))
I'm also guilty of this... though I often use the digital one at home and forget to put it back in the Jeep ! Manual guage however is always there ..

Registered
I snagged a m12 inflator with 2 batteries for 129$ at home depot..
they sent me a free second pack of batteries but hey thats another story.

Registered
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has become anal about tire pressure since getting their Cherokee.

I love the TPMS. I've found it to be very accurate and repeatable over the years, even after I changed the sensors with the "amazon special".
I also keep a large brass dial gauge in the little triangular "cup holder" in the right side corner of the trunk. The TPMS and this gauge always show within 1 psi of each other.

I also keep a cheap slime tire inflator with a digital gauge and built in flash light behind that 2-bar grill thingy on the left side of the trunk.
In the last 11 years I've used this tire inflator, I've had to replace it once because the tip of the nozzle separated from the rubber hose from so much use.
Its' gauge shows about 1.5 psi low, so it's an easy adjustment of just setting it to 38psi and when it turns off automatically, I "top it off" 2 more times. Then, I use the brass gauge which has a button to vent air to fine-tune them so they are perfectly equal.

I can't stand it when there is a difference between my tires when they warm up, so I will wait and fill them only after all 4 wheels have been sitting in the shade for 3-4 hours.

Registered
I've grown fond of the Tire Fill Alert feature. It is +/- 1 PSI with my known good (or at least compare to each other) gauges and with the EVIC tire pressure display.

My motorhome has an after-market TPMS that works really well too. It has extra sensors for the toad, but since I got the Cherokee I don't use them anymore. I can just turn the key on the KL to check the pressure. It doesn't offer the real-time monitoring on the toad that the after-market one does, but I figure that's a pretty small window for something to go wrong. Famous last words?

Reactions: rumrunner

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
imagine how far off our tires used to be before these were invented! even for the OCDs like me
I'm so OCD, I have to have the TPMS numbers all matched perfectly after a mile or two down the road, or I have to stop and make minor adjustments...LOL!!!馃槑

I'm still convinced that tire pressure differences have something to do with premature PTU and RDM failures...馃槈馃槑

1 - 20 of 43 Posts