2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not going to post a link because if you simply Google "FCA," you'll find all the news articles you could want. Suffice it to say that this is FCA's replacement for the failed Renault deal. Electric and self-driving tech apparently is still the key. How Jeep will be affected remains to be seen.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You've got something against Peugeot? Or maybe the mighty Citroën? :)

At least on paper, the merger looks quite complementary, due to the lack of substantial overlap in either markets or model styles.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't see any concerns for Jeep or Ram TBH.

Chrysler brand gives me worries, and Dodge has an old lineup in general.
As I noted in another thread about FCA's general prospects, I think Chrysler is doomed anyway. FCA can give the Pacifica minivan to Dodge as the premium twin to the Grand Caravan. After that, no need for Chrysler.

Dodge at least has a brand identity, which should help it hang on for a while longer. But it's not going to be invading the European market even after this merger.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now the skeptical analysis is under way: https://www.forbes.com/sites/neilwinton/2019/11/01/psa-merger-with-fca-looks-less-certain-after-initial-excitement/#6629924b13b3

This comment is particularly delightful:
Norddeutsche Landesbank Girozentrale of Germany said the combination of PSA and FCA was a merger of losers.

“FCA and PSA are behind in the current automotive world and limp behind in future technologies like electromobility and autonomous driving. A merger is almost the last chance of survival for both of them,” Nord LB analyst Frank Schwope said.

A merger deal will be difficult to finalize because of disparate factions like France, Italy and the Agnelli and Peugeot families, Schwope said.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts