1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Not trying to be a wiseguy, but how is that fake news? I've seen the story today on several news outlets.

Yes, we've known about the issue for a while...and yes, FCA even posted a TSB. But NHTSA opening an investigation (which may or may not lead to a formal recall) doesn't seem to be fake news. At least in my opinion. I'm guessing that the number of complaints finally crossed some threshold causing them to dig a little deeper.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Oh, @sanghill, I forgot to congratulate you on the Willys glass. I've seen so many folks grouching that they lost the logo when they had glass replaced...nice to see someone getting that replaced. Congrats!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not trying to be a wiseguy, but how is that fake news? I've seen the story today on several news outlets.

Yes, we've known about the issue for a while...and yes, FCA even posted a TSB. But NHTSA opening an investigation (which may or may not lead to a formal recall) doesn't seem to be fake news. At least in my opinion. I'm guessing that the number of complaints finally crossed some threshold causing them to dig a little deeper.
I believe his complaint revolves around the article ,someone who is a layperson may read that and take away from it that there is a safety issue thats just come to surface about the electronic parking brake(I didnt read lol)

I dont think its quite a bad faith thing like some outlets can do to be sure...but safety issues and recalls are just tuesday for cars so its not really damning or harming overall imo.

I dont need to be outraged for a very very wealthy company that(IMO) makes a lot of shitty cars and charges a lot for em lol..

Like the center console... how.. why.. not a single person noticed the insanely loose and shaky console. lol(our 17 KL)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Like the center console... how.. why.. not a single person noticed the insanely loose and shaky console. lol(our 17 KL)
This has been bothering me a lot lately and don't feel like I noticed it before, or it wasn't this bad but then again I just may not have ever noticed it, but I recently did and it has really been irritating me and I thought maybe I did something or somehow caused it so hearing someone else complain about it makes me feel better.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am going to guess it is a safety feature. If you are in a wreck and thrown around the center console will "give" to lessen the impact.
Designing for safety is a big deal these days.
I am not a Safety Engineer so all I can do is speculate.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
well, when one network has alternate anything and all the others have actual reality, it's pretty obvious who is bat-sh*t crazy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts