2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

Expedition One Bumper Group Buy is Open!!

8K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  astroninja 
#1 ·
Group buy is up for Expedition One Bumper!!

Cherokee KL Trailhawk Group Buy 2020
Hello,
You have reached out to us regarding the sale of our Trailhawk front bumper and we wanted to inform you of an upcoming group buy opportunity beginning July 24th and will be open for 30 days.
Details
• Front bumper will be available for 2014-2018 models with and without the tech package
• We are willing to design a 2019+ model bumper given access to a vehicle for design work. This typically requires that we have access to the vehicle for 5-10 business days to complete initial 3d scanning and then again for test fitting for 2- 3 weeks. Design changes between the model years are minor so we are projecting minimal design/revision time. So if you, or anyone you know can part with their vehicle for a few weeks and want to let us use it, please contact sarah@ExpeditionOne.biz!
• We require a minimum of 12 orders with completed 50% , non-refundable deposits to begin production on the bumpers. We will leave the group buy open for 30 days, if the minimum is not reached before then, you will receive a full refund of the 50% deposit. If the minimum is reached and the group buy moves forward, you will have a period of 6-9 months from the date of your order to complete payment or your 50% deposit is forfeited. If the group buy reaches 12 orders we will offer a 5% discount off the bumper price. If the group buy reaches 24 or more orders we will discount the bumper 10%.

PRICING
Base bumper no hoop, bare metal $1399.99 (5% off this price for 12+ orders, 10% off for 24+ orders)
Add Hoop $100
Add Textured Black Powder Coat $150
Add Tech Package $50 discounted to $25
Add Washer Fluid Relocation Kit $299 discounted to $239.99 (highly recommended)
*Light cutouts will be a standard feature on all bumpers
*Skid plate is included with purchase
*Battery swap will be needed with washer fluid relocation

Shipping Rates:
Western Region: AZ, CA, CO, ID, NV, NM, OR, UT, WA, WY $249.99
Central West: AR, IA, KS, LA, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, OK, SD, TX $349.99
Central East : AL, IL, IN, KY, MI, MS, OH, TN, WI $349.99
Easter Region: CT, DE, GA, MD, MA, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, SC, VT, VA, WV $399.99
To Order: Email Orders@ExpeditionOne.biz with the following information
• Full name
• Billing and Shipping Address
• Email and Phone Contact
• Hoop preference (no hoop or add hoop)
• Indicate if your vehicle has tech package or not
• Indicate if you want your order in bare metal or with Textured Black Powder Coat
• Indicate if you wish to add the washer fluid kit

Once you have received a quote from us and confirmed items and information are correct you can call our customer service line with credit card payment information or request that we send you a link to make payment online. A minimum 50%, non-refundable payment is required to activate your order. Once your deposit and/or full payment is received you will receive an order acknowledgment.

Delivery on orders once the group buy has reached a minimum of 12 paid orders is estimated at 14-16 weeks.

Order status updates will be available by email only via OrderStatus@ExpeditionOne.biz

Installation instructions may be found on our website at: https://www.exp-one.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Install-Guide_KL.pdf

See less See more
#5 ·
I asked about a gen 1 bumper without the head light holes and just make it flush with the bumper. If they say this is available i'll post up the information, this should work with a little modding and relocation of the fog lights.

#7 ·
* BUMP *
HEY JCC members,
I just got a call from James at Expedition One. As a reminder, the Group Buy closes on AUG 31st. You can read about the details in the OP or at the Exp-One website. You can also read all about the 2018 bumper fabrication in the original thread: Jeep Cherokee KL Bumper Poll starting at Post 321.

This is an awesome deal! Due to favorable aluminum market prices, Exp-One is able to offer the 2020 Group Buy at the same price or lower than the 2018 Group Buy. If I didn't already have one, I'd would be putting my money where my mouth is. There were a reported 40 interested parties :); however, less than 12 people have placed orders. :rolleyes:
Cartoon Animated cartoon Leaf vegetable Vegetable Fictional character

The results of this Group Buy will determine whether or not Exp-One continues to offer the KL front bumper in the future. Bumpers are available for 2014-2018 GEN1 KL Jeeps with and without tech packages. If someone would bring their 2019+ KL into the Exp-One shop (Ogden, UT) for a laser-scan mapping, then Exp-One would offer the same options to the GEN2 KL Jeeps.

Some new folks might ask why it is so expensive? Is it really? First of all, the majority of the cost is the availability and cost of materials. Compare the quality and cost of the Exp-One KL bumper with any other KL bumper on the market and you find it is a superior product. Secondly, the outer bumper skin is aluminum to reduce weight and requires special jigs and welding skills to hold to the tight design tolerances. The inner bumper, winch box and all other components are made if heavy gage steel. Here is a link to the 2018 FAQs.

AWESOME! I have I mentioned the Exp-One is awesome? If not, then let me just say after 2 years one of my Jeep dreams just came true. The Exp-One KL bumper with a ComeUp winch and Baja Designs fog lights is truly awesome! Those of you that have placed orders are in for a real treat. I won't lie, there's going to be some work installing the bumper, but Ryan is putting together a very detailed set of instructions so it should go fairly smooth. Anyone ordering a winch to go with the bumper will have a tougher go (more to do). Since I'm pretty detailed and methodical, it took me 3 days. One day just for the wiring and figuring out where the solenoid should go.

I saw a dozen or so welded bumpers and winch boxes in work. It's a great little production line.

One satisfied customer!

#8 ·
BUMP
HEY JCC members,
I just got a call from James at Expedition One. As a reminder, the Group Buy closes on AUG 31st. You can read about the details in the OP or at the Exp-One website. You can also read all about the 2018 bumper fabrication in the original thread: Jeep Cherokee KL Bumper Poll starting at Post 321.

This is an awesome deal! Due to favorable aluminum market prices, Exp-One is able to offer the 2020 Group Buy at the same price or lower than the 2018 Group Buy. If I didn't already have one, I'd would be putting my money where my mouth is. There were a reported 40 interested parties :); however, less than 12 people have placed orders. :rolleyes:
View attachment 211802
The results of this Group Buy will determine whether or not Exp-One continues to offer the KL front bumper in the future. Bumpers are available for 2014-2018 GEN1 KL Jeeps with and without tech packages. If someone would bring their 2019+ KL into the Exp-One shop (Ogden, UT) for a laser-scan mapping, then Exp-One would offer the same options to the GEN2 KL Jeeps.

Some new folks might ask why it is so expensive? Is it really? First of all, the majority of the cost is the availability and cost of materials. Compare the quality and cost of the Exp-One KL bumper with any other KL bumper on the market and you find it is a superior product. Secondly, the outer bumper skin is aluminum to reduce weight and requires special jigs and welding skills to hold to the tight design tolerances. The inner bumper, winch box and all other components are made if heavy gage steel. Here is a link to the 2018 FAQs.
I just got knocked out of this by Derecho, so all my funds are depleted until I get a new roof :(

#12 ·
I guess they found a "Test Vehicle"? I was going to volunteer mine, as I'm local in Tooele, but the wife said she's not having "That Massive Bumper" on her Trailhawk. She drives it way more than me...LOL!!! She was fine with the lift, barely, then she was happy with the look...Guess I'm done, happy wife, happy life!!!

#13 ·
They expanded the order date to Sep 12th, apparently not enough interest. This has given me time to scrap together some funds and i'm just waiting for them to respond to my email about my order. I'm going to go ahead and get a 2018 and have a shop shave off the headlight section of the bumper. This should fit my 2019, so my fingers are crossed.

Reactions: Flybynightcru
#16 ·
I much prefer to let someone else be the guinea pig and then pay extra for a working bumper later than having to spend $$$ making incremental modifications to a prototype design. Usually ends up cheaper and the end result is nicer in the end. Although to some people that takes all the fun out of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.