2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is enlightening--

After reluctantly handing off my keys to the car wash guy the other day, I noticed he had some trouble moving the car. From the outside I had no idea what he was doing, but the engine seemed to shut off for a few moments. After some wild gesticulating, I heard the car start back up as it lurched forward.

When I asked him what happened, he said (with conviction) that Jeeps don't move unless the driver's seatbelt is fastened. I've tried to test since with this with no success, by the way.

At the end of the car wash run, a different guy got in to move the car over to the post-wash area, and he struggled too. The car revved up before lurching forward out of the active beltway with only a moment to spare.

When I got the car back, the seatbelt was still fastened (and creased from being sat on). The experience overall left me confused.

This thread sheds some light on what I think actually happened.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went through a car wash today, and while the car was in Neutral, the DID showed a message:
"Step on brake and push button to put in gear" (to that effect)

As I was exiting, since stepping on the brake is bad idea with a car right behind, I just pressed the button on the shifter and put the car in Drive. I'm pretty sure it went in gear, but I also had another message on the DID.
Not sure exactly what it said, but I quickly went back to N, hit the brake quickly and back to D.

Is this all unnecessary?
Most cars allow you to go into Drive from Neutral without pressing the brake.
2019 Jeep Cherokee Overland 2.0l 4x4.
Brownstone exterior and Carmel/Black interior.
Really like panoramic sunroof.

I have issue where come rolling stop foot off gas pedal, continue to rolling, press to accelerate and does not respond until press accelerate about half way down.
I have Tow package

21 - 23 of 23 Posts