2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about putting in dual round Borla's or a single camaro Oval but wanted to get feedback

1) Sound - What is the sound difference
2) Power - any HP difference between this setup?
3) Price (I know the difference so ignore this)

I know JeepGirl has dual round Flowmaster 10's, I was thinking of the Y Pipe setup to the same, but with Borlas.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I like it....but the thread is five years old and the OP hasn’t been back to the forum in almost two years.

Lol weird... It popped up in my notification bar on Tapatalk. Thought it was new. Wtf..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts
ern3 who makes the black tips on your custom exhaust? TIA

·
Registered
364 Posts
There is ZERO performance to be gained with any exhaust modifications on the KL platform, let alone changing the shape or size of the tips.
That's just like, your opinion man.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
No not my opinion.......you got performance data to show otherwise? Why don't you go show me the crush bends in the pipes forward of the resonator. If that area is the most restrictive then how does changing anything else behind it make it flow better?

You have no performance data, I do

Passenger side

And now the drivers side

Please explain....how mine is an opinion and your opinion (with zero facts to back it up) would be correct

Also your "custom" exhaust introduces more bends to the factory system.

·
Registered
364 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yeah - Tyler's correct there - the fact our exhausts have been done like that is a bit of a blow actually because I'm coming to our TH from a modified 4L straight 6 cyl sedan - ie. large cam, worked cylinder head, extractors, ECU Tune and full 2.5 inch exhaust. Altho the TH is heavier, the engine has higher power and tq - off the line the TH is very similar to the falcon - prolly beats it over the 1st 50ft - but at higher speeds the falcon had bottomless GRUNT that the TH simply doesn't have - and which has felt to me from experience like restricted exhaust. In the Falcon I could follow other cars up to 180 / 190 kph THEN pull out and blow their doors off... I thought I'd nailed the TH exhaust issue in the form of necking down at the resonator - but then Tyler posted those pics (I'd never even thought too look further forward - I assumed it would all be good) and POOF! - there goes any notion of improved performance thru fixing the exhaust. All we can do is make it sound the way we want - I have an aerochamber exhaust arriving from Summit any day now... 😃

1 - 11 of 11 Posts