2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 Cherokee Trailhawk.
Purchased new, vehicle had the EVTS (Emergency Vehicle Tracking System) installed. Earlier this year the unit stopped working, so I contacted the company and found out the unit used 3G cell technology. The day my unit quit was the same day Verizon shut down all their 3G towers in my area.
EVTS offered to sell me a new 4G unit, which I just received after waiting 6 months. The local stereo shop they suggested for installation says they won't do it. The dealership says they are months out on an appointment.
Anyone tried installing one of these? Suggestions on how to remove the dash to install would be helpful. Every time I search dash removal, all I get are videos for Grand Cherokees, not Cherokees. Maybe someone has a link I haven't found yet?
I'm pretty handy, I usually do all my own work when possible. I just can't find how to get under the dash to R&R this system.
Thanks in advance!!

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, on a positive note, yesterday I received a phone call from the owner of the stereo shop. His employee had mentioned my call asking about installation, and the boss said yes, they absolutely do install those systems. So, the employee I talked to looked up my phone number from his caller ID and the owner called me and offered to do the install. It's there right now, and he's only going to charge me $100 no matter how long it takes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts