2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This am, I attempted to remote start my 2019 TH, with no success. I then went down to manually start it, and the same thing. All lights are lighting up, and battery seems strong. I’m not hearing clicking, but maybe a faint sound of when it initially tries to turn over. I’m thinking starter or solenoid? Gonna go home and undo the battery etc, but I don’t think that’s the issue. Just passed 38,000 miles. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
765 Posts
It is much more likely that it is your battery causing the issue than your starter or solenoid. Have it load tested at an auto-parts store. Also take a look at the battery connections to verify that they aren't loose.

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,290 Posts
These new systems (esp. with ESS) are a lot more picky on the battery state, it's more like a 'will start' or a 'won't start' type of thing instead of a slow death. You can't tell if the battery is good based on lights or other accessories working. :cool:

Reactions: calz

·
Registered
10,682 Posts
... and we've seen a few (quite a few...) 2019s with defective batteries ; seems there were some bad batches.

First thing is to get a charge on that battery ; depending on charger size/output, this could take 24 hours if the battery is drained. If you get it going after that, find an auto parts store as mentionned above and get a free battery load test done.

You are out of basic 3/36 warranty so if it's the battery, you'll have to buy one, and if so... ask here if you need suggestions on what/where/how much... for a new battery.

Which engine do you have ?

Reactions: calz

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
... and we've seen a few (quite a few...) 2019s with defective batteries ; seems there were some bad batches.

First thing is to get a charge on that battery ; depending on charger size/output, this could take 24 hours if the battery is drained. If you get it going after that, find an auto parts store as mentionned above and get a free battery load test done.

You are out of basic 3/36 warranty so if it's the battery, you'll have to buy one, and if so... ask here if you need suggestions on what/where/how much... for a new battery.

Which engine do you have ?
3.2 V6. I had it tested and am getting a new battery tomorrow. Thanks

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yes, best battery for kl

·
Registered
10,682 Posts
Is that the way to go? Buying a new battery tomorrow, and I want the best with the least bs.
If you want a premium battery, this is the one to get. It is sold by Batteries+ with the X2 Power label, but this battery is a Northstar (and that's good!). Northstar label batteries are a few bucks cheaper than the X2 Power but they get one year less on the warranty (5 year replacement on the X2 Power).

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Right now costco and sams have H7(94r) AGM batteries for around $170
amazon has the ac delco agm battery for 163$
These are all standard AGM with lead calcium chemistry.

Premium options are the X2 power from batteries plus, or an odessey 94r both with tppl .

Make sure you get an AGM battery regular flooded is not the right battery.

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
4,574 Posts
Is that the way to go? Buying a new battery tomorrow, and I want the best with the least bs.
Yep, Batteries Plus $279.99. 5yr free replacement!!!😎

Edit-
Also, free installation...😎

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you want a premium battery, this is the one to get. It is sold by Batteries+ with the X2 Power label, but this battery is a Northstar (and that's good!). Northstar label batteries are a few bucks cheaper than the X2 Power but they get one year less on the warranty (5 year replacement on the X2 Power).
Is the X2 battery worth the extra money?

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,290 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
369 Posts
Let me guess, the start stop hasn't been working for a while? For a 19, its the battery. Its just time. The standard AGMs don't last that long in the KLs.

Reactions: calz and AtlCade69

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Let me guess, the start stop hasn't been working for a while? For a 19, its the battery. Its just time. The standard AGMs don't last that long in the KLs.
It actually was the first issue I’ve had with it. It literally fired up and acted perfectly until I attempted to go to work yesterday… I never saw it coming. It def was the battery and all is good again.

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
4,574 Posts
It actually was the first issue I’ve had with it. It literally fired up and acted perfectly until I attempted to go to work yesterday… I never saw it coming. It def was the battery and all is good again.
Did you get the X2???😎

1 - 20 of 33 Posts