2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well spending the last few hours not getting past this point on my uconnect update, I'm stuck where everyone else is....the endless loop!!! My husband is p---ed off and we have been driving in circles and sitting in parking lots and he won't talk to me about this. 馃う馃う馃う We both have to work tomorrow and I need my heated seats to work and along with everything else. Maybe some new suggestions??? Anything would be helpful!!!!

I thought this was going to be an easy process seeing as I can't update my maps until I do this.

Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
Maybe Jeep Cares is monitoring this so maybe you can get some help. I've not f****d with that update - I see it as a software black hole and won't touch it.

Good luck.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I hope so. Idk why uconnect would send out an update that bricks the whole system!!!!! I wish I read these threads before I attempted the update. 馃う馃う馃う馃う馃う馃う

Registered
I hope so. Idk why uconnect would send out an update that bricks the whole system!!!!! I wish I read these threads before I attempted the update. 馃う馃う馃う馃う馃う馃う
Welcome from Utah!!! Stick around, and you will learn everything you need to know about your Cherokee...馃槑

Reactions: Leems

Registered
Welcome to the forum.
Use Search Community above center and search for "engineering menu".
This is what I found: HOWTO Activate RA3 Navigation, Access Dealer Menu &amp...
Also refer to "Recommended Reading" at the bottom of the screen.
Does pushing one of those buttons on the underside of the mirror let you talk to Uconnect?
I have done all of the updates on my 2014 TH, it is not straight forward, there are instructions available somewhere.
Did 1 over the air update.
You should have gotten at least 1 recall card with a SD card (Customer Satisfaction Notification VB3).
One thing I recall is you need to use a 4GB thumb drive formatted to FAT32.
The SWDL.ISO file is the only file allowed on the thumb drive or it may not work.
If all else fails let a Jeep dealer get your Uconnect to working.

What is an "Embedded Air Card"??

FCA Customer Support Group
Well spending the last few hours not getting past this point on my uconnect update, I'm stuck where everyone else is....the endless loop!!! My husband is p---ed off and we have been driving in circles and sitting in parking lots and he won't talk to me about this. 馃う馃う馃う We both have to work tomorrow and I need my heated seats to work and along with everything else. Maybe some new suggestions??? Anything would be helpful!!!!

I thought this was going to be an easy process seeing as I can't update my maps until I do this.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
Jeep Cares

Registered

Try this procedure which gets you into the engineering menu...

1) Hold hot and cold physical buttons on the dash at the same time for 5 seconds when the car is running
2) Select "Reset to Factory Defaults"

Obviously all settings, pairing, radio stations etc will be lost.

Reactions: Leems and OhareFred

Registered
Can anyone help me why drivers side window want go up and passengers window want. Back windows go up and down ???they went down and stay down ?when l do drivers window down ? l here a noise like tic tock ? Dont forget its already down ? I try to get window up NO tick tock noise ? Passenger window no noise ,please any help would help . I HAVE checked fuse box , checking inside now lol lm in Australia so on other side. Iol back soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts