2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,865 Posts
It's a delicate mechanism. One possibility here is that the proper sequence wasn't followed. Not pointing a finger, just pointing out these rear brakes with the EPB require special attention.
If you try to retract the caliper piston before you put the system in maitnenance mode and retract the electric actuator, you'll likely ruin the caliper.

At this point, might as well take it to a pro. Hopefully it's nothing too serious/expensive.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Any update from the OP? We throwing all kinds of ideas into outer space as far as we know…..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
578 Posts
While we wait for an update, I wanted to share something I saw in youtube video. I could not figure it out why the brake service was done this way.The guy is doing a rear brake job. He goes into u connect system to activate the brake system for each rear wheel, seperately. So twice? He could have turned on and off the service mode only once and done with it. He does this for each wheel seperately. I wonder what the logic could be?

2016 TH

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,500 Posts
While we wait for an update, I wanted to share something I saw in youtube video. I could not figure it out why the brake service was done this way.The guy is doing a rear brake job. He goes into u connect system to activate the brake system for each rear wheel, seperately. So twice? He could have turned on and off the service mode only once and done with it. He does this for each wheel seperately. I wonder what the logic could be?

2016 TH
Possibly to verify correct operation of each repair individually...:cool:

·
Registered
14 ,16,and a 19 limited KL all 3.2l
18 Posts
Has the OP said she disconnected the battery to see if resets when reconnected. she can maybe try disconnecting it , pump the brakes then reconnect the battery

21 - 25 of 25 Posts