2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2019 jeep Cherokee Latitude 4x4 and when my boyfriend did the rear brakes and I put it into service brakes and when he was finished I went to take it out of the mode and now it is stuck in the parking brake and I can not take it out of the mode to service the brakes again. What can I do to get the parking brake stop flashing on my dash board and the center Council

·
Registered
14 ,16,and a 19 limited KL all 3.2l
18 Posts
Just asking, did you put your foot on the brake pedal and push down on the lever

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just asking, did you put your foot on the brake pedal and push down on the lever
E XO t t
Yes I have done that and he had to replace the caliper and it is stuck in the brake service mode with the parking brake on flashing at me

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,503 Posts
Hmmm, are you sure he plugged the EPS motor wire back in when he replaced the caliper?
Also, when removing the rear caliper, the manual say you must disconnect the battery ground, was that done?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm, are you sure he plugged the EPS motor wire back in when he replaced the caliper?
Also, when removing the rear caliper, the manual say you must disconnect the battery ground, was that done?
He didn’t take the battery ground off when he replaced the caliper. We didn’t know anything about that but I did get it off before he replaced the caliper but when I put it back into the brake service mode it did it thing when I took it out of the brake service mode is where we are having the problem

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
have you tried putting it BACK into Service Mode? You may just need to cycle it, since you replaced the caliper...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Ouch, that's a thinker...

·
Registered
10,871 Posts
Maybe... the connector at the module (near caliper) is damaged ?

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
876 Posts
Maybe a pin got bent reconnecting it? It didn’t seat all the way? Wire got damaged in the connector? A connector broke? Caliper is bad?

It worked before the caliper was installed, gotta start at the caliper and go back….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
4,953 Posts
This just shows us that the simplest of task or repair, can become very complicated on our modern vehicles. I think most issues like this are due to the fact that we MUST carefully research what we're about to do, and follow procedures, and most importantly, follow the proper "order of operations" to the T. I hope you get this figured out. I'm a pretty competent "shade tree" mechanic, and I came to the conclusion very quickly, I'm not touching anything on my Trailhawk. I prefer to pay someone who knows exactly what they're doing, for even the simplest repair...😎

·
Registered
578 Posts
I had an issue with the service mode but only for a short period of time. In my experience, I was just inspecting the brakes and I was curious. I put the brakes on service mode. Pads were fine, lubed the pins etc. I put everything back without pushing the pistons. When I turned off the service mode and I heard the electric motor working. I also pressed the brake pedal at the same time. But after that, e-brake kept flashing and got same warning on my dash. I then pressed the pedal maybe 4, 5 times The problem went away. After the service, when you turned off the service mode, did you hear the motor at all?

2016 TH

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
This just shows us that the simplest of task or repair, can become very complicated on our modern vehicles. I think most issues like this are due to the fact that we MUST carefully research what we're about to do, and follow procedures, and most importantly, follow the proper "order of operations" to the T. I hope you get this figured out. I'm a pretty competent "shade tree" mechanic, and I came to the conclusion very quickly, I'm not touching anything on my Trailhawk. I prefer to pay someone who knows exactly what they're doing, for even the simplest repair...😎
Every "simple" car job turns into a nightmare pretty quick when you break a bolt, spin a rivnut, etc.

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
10,871 Posts
Or... (maybe), if you retract a caliper piston at the wrong time or the wrong way...

·
Registered
876 Posts
Do you still have the original caliper? Stick a piece of 2x4 in there in place of the rotor. Try plugging it in and see what happens. Maybe it will reset.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts