2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you found the Easter Eggs yet?
1. Rubicon map under passenger seat cushion.
2. Jeep climbing hill on windshield silhouette.
3. 1941 on steering wheel
4 under hood on cowling embossed grill of a vintage Jeep
See how many more you can find. Good hunting

·
Registered
334 Posts
The "No Step" on the side skirt... not exactly sure if this counts but I've heard people call it an easter egg. Someone on the Trailhawk FB groups said "the only other jeeps they put the 'no step' on are the ww2 era willys"

Google wasn't of much help. Dunno if anyone can confirm.

Reactions: CDrake

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
The "No Step" on the side skirt... not exactly sure if this counts but I've heard people call it an easter egg. Someone on the Trailhawk FB groups said "the only other jeeps they put the 'no step' on are the ww2 era willys"

Google wasn't of much help. Dunno if anyone can confirm.
"No Step" is an Easter Egg, another set is the hooks for the Cargo Mgmt bar in the back are Willy's grills.

Reactions: dhh3

·
Registered
5,096 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
2. Jeep climbing hill on windshield silhouette.
Not if you get your windshield replaced, even with an OEM. :frown:

They specifically told me it wouldn't have it.

Reactions: dhh3

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
My windshield doesn't have the willys jeep, and my passenger seat does not have the storage! I found some green aluminum willys emblems on eBay to stick on my windshield but they are too big. I haven't decided where to stick them!

·
Super Moderator
7,352 Posts
My windshield doesn't have the willys jeep, and my passenger seat does not have the storage! I found some green aluminum willys emblems on eBay to stick on my windshield but they are too big. I haven't decided where to stick them!

Wow...you left yourself wide open with that one >:D

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Im sure the menu on the EVIC as an Easter egg , as you scroll horizontally through the menu there's a |||||||

Funny how's there's 7 ...

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Not if you get your windshield replaced, even with an OEM. :frown:

They specifically told me it wouldn't have it.
I got my windshield replaced and the new one has the Jeep silhouette.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Just had my windshield replaced this week , and I lost one of my Easter eggs :(

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I got my windshield replaced and the new one has the Jeep silhouette.
Yours may have one made before the change. I think I read here all OEM from a certain point lost the Willie's Logo. Also some of the various combinations, heated, rain sensor, lane departure, etc were around longer. I dealt with 2 different installers, long story, and both specifically told me the Logo wouldn't be there.

My thought is that too many people, like me when I first saw it, think its a blob of sealant.

Reactions: sgrim

·
Registered
334 Posts
Oh no to those who wanted a replacement window with the Jeep! I can't believe you weren't given the option!

I literally went to a random windshield replacement place and he types away at his computer and says "It's going to be $100 more if you want the one with the Jeep silhouette" and I passed. But at least I was given the option!

So for a dealer to mess that up. Ugh! This is why I hate dealerships.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
The passenger seat storage is only available on certain models. I'm not sure which ones but I know if you have a Sport, or ventilated seats, you won't have storage.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Oh no to those who wanted a replacement window with the Jeep! I can't believe you weren't given the option!

I literally went to a random windshield replacement place and he types away at his computer and says "It's going to be $100 more if you want the one with the Jeep silhouette" and I passed. But at least I was given the option!

So for a dealer to mess that up. Ugh! This is why I hate dealerships.
Depends on when you bought the windshield. I believe Non OEM never had the logo so at the time you were probably being given the choice of OEM vs Non OEM, not logo vs non logo.

I got OEM at no extra cost because due to the first windshield company totally dropping the ball mine was replaced at the dealership as it was getting inspected. They said if done at a dealership you had to get OEM.

As of a certain date of manufacture all OEM windshields lost the logo.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I don't 5he 2016 TH has the willys on the windshield. At least mine doesn't. I was really disapointed not to find it when I read about it online.

Or, is it possible mine had its windshield replaced at the dealer?

If that's the case, I'll be raising holy **** with them for not disclosing that.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I don't 5he 2016 TH has the willys on the windshield. At least mine doesn't. I was really disapointed not to find it when I read about it online.

Or, is it possible mine had its windshield replaced at the dealer?

If that's the case, I'll be raising holy **** with them for not disclosing that.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
They stopped for 2016, I agree with your sentiment.

Reactions: Champagne InHand

·
Registered
748 Posts
They stopped for 2016, I agree with your sentiment.

No worries. It's just fun stuff. I don't think you get the flip up seat with the full leather trim either. But I haven't looked at the details under my TH passenger seat. I just keep a small first aid kit there

These are all marketing tools. They don't cost much and keep Jeep fans happy to stay in the Jeep family even if they have had some bad news at the mechanics area of a dealership...

I was getting my car inspected and looked at a V6 model of the Grand Cherokee Overland 75th and while it was a good looking and Uber comfortable ride, I didn't one time contemplate giving up my TH. That's a new experience for me. It's only happened on motorcycles that I have customized and did all the maintaining on before.

I'm glad it has finally happened on a vehicle with 4 wheels and 4WD to boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 49 Posts