2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone dropped the engine, tranny and cross member in one piece? It looks like it should, but the service manual I ordered doesn't show anything about pulling the engine. I am pulling it in the next 2 weeks and ANY help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Welcome, are you from PA?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Can't help with an answer, but really curious I suppose- what's up - care to share? Are you out of warranty with a serious problem and no help from Jeep?

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
Maybe it's not a KL that he's working on...

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
If I could figure out how to lift the Jeep, then you can figure out for all of us to do the hellcat swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Step 1: Take out second mortgage for engine, trans, truckload of tires

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It will drop in 1 piece. A bit hard to support, have a good stock of 2x4's handy.
Desoto, Have you done it? It looks like I can remove both knuckles, axles and Undo the mounts an wiring, then drop the entire assembly?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Close enough, you have a hand full there, giving nothing but good vibes your rebuild goes well.
Going to be easier than it looks.....I found it's buddy for parts! The body I can handle, it dropping the motor that makes me nervous.

Rear 2.jpg

rear.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,718 Posts
Well I have to say I think this is the first time I've seen a rebuild. Wish you the best of luck and I hope you keep details and pictures of the rebuild.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
866 Posts
Good luck with your project, Mike. Just remember that any of those ground wires that are not clean and secure will cause dozens of fault codes and symptoms. Don't ask me how I know................

·
Registered
102 Posts
1 - 20 of 208 Posts