2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited

I have checked all fuses related to door and or locking, i even disconnected the Drivers Door Module with no luck. Possible the solenoid is shot? thank you

·
Registered
528 Posts
Are you still under warranty? If yes, let the dealer deal with it. If not, if it’s all the doors, not likely a solenoid. Possibly a module?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I looked at my owners manual.
The FOB door lock system is seriously complicated.
There could be numerous issues causing this problem.
It's best that you take it to a dealer for troubleshooting and repair.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I don't have a clue but I'll add my 2 cents.
Presumably the remotes worked at one time.
The remotes know if you are in the vehicle or somewhere outside of the vehicle.
See if the fobs, both of them, work from various locations.
Chrysler's have a known problem of multiple Chrysler fobs interfering with each other. So make sure you only have your fobs in your possession.
Does the power lift gate work using the fobs?
There is a transceiver in the car someplace that communicates with the fobs.
Make sure you don't have stuff under the seats, electronic things under the seats could get damaged.
One of our old 2014 tricks was to push down on all the fuses in the PDC to make sure they were 'seated'.
Don't know if it does any good but made us feel good.
I doubt the battery in the fobs is worn out, they should last a long time.
If the fobs have any visible damage that could be a problem.
And of course my usual mantra is get the AGM battery tested. Note 'battery condition'.
Since everything else seems to work the battery should be ok.
If the fobs and computer aren't communicating then the dealer will have to make them work together.
Let us know what you find, that is how we make this site useful for everybody else

·
FCA Customer Support Group
1,389 Posts
2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited

I have checked all fuses related to door and or locking, i even disconnected the Drivers Door Module with no luck. Possible the solenoid is shot? thank you
Hi there, we recommend bringing this to the attention of your dealer for assistance. Of course, please know that our team is always available via private message if you have any questions.

Kathryn
JeepCares

1 - 6 of 6 Posts