2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an open case with jeep cares and it's been over a month. I call weekly and every time I call I get the same old response. The keep on saying we are trying to get ahold of the dealer but no one is calling us back. I find it very unlikely that the dealer and service department is not returning their calls to jeep.

Having seen both sides of a American car and Lexus brand (owned both) the service/help/support you get are not even on the same level, hell they are not even on the same planet. But I guess it is to be expected, you have a premium brand vs the typical American stereotype.

Back to my point what the heck? Over a month and can't get a response from the dealer.

·
Registered
220 Posts
My experience was also ridiculous, the case handler was a clerical person that knew nothing mechanical at all and said things that sounded like a 10 year old that had no mechanical experience. They would not let me talk to anyone higher up or anyone that has a clue, even with multiple requests. I ended up sending an angry letter directly to Auburn Hills wanting to speak to someone higher up, I’m still waiting to hear back .
My dealer was able to provide some help but it wasn’t easy for them either and should have been investigated by FCA coming out to look at my vehicles unusual situation.
FCA will not change , look at the upcoming recall for the ADII vehicles with Drive Teeth shearing off and the NON MECHANICAL FIX , just gonna do a programming patch that does nothing to prevent the actual failure.

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
Yikes...

Covid-19 is not helping here, car companies are feeling it big time and some have probably gone into protection mode, cutting expenses aggressively ; warranty repairs / costly recalls are probably being delayed as long as they can delay until... well... whatever numbers they are hoping to achieve on the comeback trail. I'm not trying to justify or condone the practice, not at all, this is terrible for Jeep owners.

Have you guys dealt with JeepCares or FCA custmoer service ? From what I've gathered, JeepCares are basically (now anyway, they used to do more a few years ago...) there to assist a customer with dealership communications, when problems can't be quickly resolved the old fashioned way. When things get tricky with service, one needs to escalate above regular customer service or JeepCares.

Silence from a dealership is extremely worrisome. Regional office needs to know about this.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Silence from a dealership is extremely worrisome. Regional office needs to know about this.
Per my case manager she has even reached out to the service department, then the dealer manager with no response. She stated she then was able to get in contact with the dealer owner who told her to contact the dealer manager ( who is not returning calls to her). Im really thinking this is a lazy case manager i have and not a dealer issue, the dealer is a top rated dealer around here and very good a avg 4.8/5 on google ratings.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Jeepcares was little help when I had my roller rockers go out on the other side of my V6 just 10k miles past the last repair but right out of warranty. I had to drive up to the dealership 3 times to demand results and for them to get FCA on the phone. Needless to say. I bugged them enough in person they repaired it under a extended grace period for only $100. Make noise. Drive up there and complain will help get results. Be stern but not nasty to them.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Persistency does pay off. Sometimes you have to be an A-hole. I went round and round for a year with a certain Ford dealership, and it got so bad, in the end, they would see me pulling into the parking lot, and they would run and hide, then send a porter, or the damn janitor out to talk to me. Needless to say, once I got Corporate involved, the problem was fixed immediately, and the General Manager, and Service Manager were no longer employed there the next time I was back. Fortunately now, I'm extremely happy with my Jeep dealer. They still understand customer service, and go out of their way to maintain their integrity. There's like 3 or 4 Jeep dealers closer, including the one literally a mile away from my house, but that's owned by the same group as the above mentioned Ford dealer. I wouldn't let them change the oil on my lawnmower, they'd probably forget to put oil back in it!!!

·
FCA Customer Support Group
1,358 Posts
Hi @toofastgtp and @clr,

We're sorry to hear about a lack of communication from your case managers. Please let us know via private message if you would like us to look into your case for an update and help you get connected with your case managers.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi @toofastgtp and @clr,

We're sorry to hear about a lack of communication from your case managers. Please let us know via private message if you would like us to look into your case for an update and help you get connected with your case managers.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
The issue us not getting in contact with my case manager. Its my case manager getting in contact with the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
4,161 Posts
Per my case manager she has even reached out to the service department, then the dealer manager with no response. She stated she then was able to get in contact with the dealer owner who told her to contact the dealer manager ( who is not returning calls to her). Im really thinking this is a lazy case manager i have and not a dealer issue, the dealer is a top rated dealer around here and very good a avg 4.8/5 on google ratings.
Those ratings don't mean a whole lot. Most of the low ratings get scrubbed.

Dealers also offer bribes and bully people into high ratings.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
JeepCares and DodgeCares have both been instrumental in escalating issues I’ve had with Chargers, Challengers and my Jeep Cherokee and Grand Cherokee.

All of my issues were SiriusXMGuardian related. They and they alone were able to open a case with an engineer and case manager who fixed problems for me with the assistance of my dealer.

Have any of you got campaign W28 for the SiriusXM Guardian?

That campaign is the result of JeepCares working with me and a case manager and engineer from FCA who were both very technical. The case manager communicated with the engineer and myself and after listening to my troubleshooting steps she got him to look at my vehicle software. He saw a problem in a line of programming in the RF hub. He changed the software and sent a copy to my dealer. This was facilitated by the case manager.

That software was tested on my vehicle. The case manager and engineer followed up daily for two weeks to track effectiveness. Once it showed it fixed the problem in my car, that engineer issued the softwareas a RRT and CSC letters were sent.

I would call JeepCares the first step that fixed thousands of vehicle issues like mine.

I would definitely reach out to them again for help.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would call JeepCares the first step that fixed thousands of vehicle issues like mine.

I already called and have a case open and an assigned case manager. The issue is after a month per my case manager they are unable to get a any call backs or speak to anyone at the dealer.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Your next communication to the dealer should be a polite, formal letter ON A LAWYER'S LETTERHEAD requesting this issue be addressed properly and promptly.
You'd be surprised how high and fast most businesses will jump when they get a lawyer knocking on their door.

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
JeepCares and DodgeCares have both been instrumental in escalating issues I’ve had with Chargers, Challengers and my Jeep Cherokee and Grand Cherokee.

All of my issues were SiriusXMGuardian related. They and they alone were able to open a case with an engineer and case manager who fixed problems for me with the assistance of my dealer.

Have any of you got campaign W28 for the SiriusXM Guardian?

That campaign is the result of JeepCares working with me and a case manager and engineer from FCA who were both very technical. The case manager communicated with the engineer and myself and after listening to my troubleshooting steps she got him to look at my vehicle software. He saw a problem in a line of programming in the RF hub. He changed the software and sent a copy to my dealer. This was facilitated by the case manager.

That software was tested on my vehicle. The case manager and engineer followed up daily for two weeks to track effectiveness. Once it showed it fixed the problem in my car, that engineer issued the softwareas a RRT and CSC letters were sent.

Did you happen to deal with a certain Kori ? She was here (JeepCares) for quite a while and was very efficient. I believe she moved on to UConnect.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Did you happen to deal with a certain Kori ? She was here (JeepCares) for quite a while and was very efficient. I believe she moved on to UConnect.
Mark,

I have worked with Kori in the past on a Charger and Challenger forum as part of DodgeCares. The group is FCA social media customer response and they browse forums in one part of that CS division.

Kori was really great to work with, my issue was resolved quickly. On this most recent issue Allison helped me get in touch with a woman named Katelyn at Uconnect care. Without Allison and Katelyn helping me, thousands of Jeep owners would have non functional SiriusXM Guardian service.

The OP problem isn’t JeepCares, it’s the case manager not being able to get a hold of the dealer. If that dealer won’t fix the issues, they should be finding you another close by dealer and working with them.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I had a good experienced with my Jeep (Star?) case, opened when I had an engine replacement. The case manager was great, the service rep at the dealer would not call her back, though would reach out to me when she called. Jeep reimbursed me for my rental, 4 weeks, they did not have to (only one week with my extended mopar warranty) but it was great they did.

·
FCA Customer Support Group
1,358 Posts
I already called and have a case open and an assigned case manager. The issue is after a month per my case manager they are unable to get a any call backs or speak to anyone at the dealer.
Hi @toofastgtp
We are terribly sorry to hear that your case has not yet been resolved. Please send our team a private message with your case number so that we may look further into this for you.

Kathryn
JeepCares

1 - 17 of 17 Posts