2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
Reviving an old post, because this EXACT problem happened on my one-month-old 2021 Trailhawk. Out of nowhere I get a metric speedo, and other units show that they are in metric (i.e., Celsius, km on odometer), but the readings are clearly not metric. Also the gearshift display was PP DD.

This was the first day of cooler weather in Northern California (got down to low 40s last night), let's see if my battery is unhappy and maybe dying prematurely. As long as its under warranty, I don't mind.
Welcome from Utah!!! Scroll to the speedometer on the EVIC screen, and hit the "OK" button. Should go back to SAE...馃槑

Registered
Welcome from Utah!!! Scroll to the speedometer on the EVIC screen, and hit the "OK" button. Should go back to SAE...馃槑
Check out posts #4 and #5 ;)

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
Check out posts #4 and #5 ;)
Ah ha, so apparently that just changes the speedo between mph and kph, and doesn't effect gauges. I'm out here playing with mine now. I'll see if I can figure it out...馃槑

Registered
Ah ha, so apparently that just changes the speedo between mph and kph, and doesn't effect gauges. I'm out here playing with mine now. I'll see if I can figure it out...馃槑
Pretty sure this is a bug and not a feature. I went back out and restarted the engine, and all gauges are normal again. To be clear, this wasn't just the speedo switching to Kph. This was several instruments reading in a way they were never intended. For example, the thermometer said it was reading in Celsius but showed 63. And the odometer showed the right number of miles on the car, but said it was showing Km.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts