2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk. I dropped it off at the dealer to get the PTU replaced under warranty. I got it back and immediately could hear the exhaust puttering under the driver side floorboard. They took it back and replaced some gaskets. It sounds exactly the same and now they are saying the work they did has nothing to do with the exhaust leak.

Can anyone knowledgeable about the situation tell me how the work they did ended up with my car having an exhaust leak and my car sounding like a go-kart?

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Not a clue. Maybe Jeep Cares on this forum can help you work with your dealer.
Don't know how to find them, hopefully somebody will provide the answer.
Check with your Jeep dealer, there should be a PTU recall, but I think the damage has already been done.

·
Registered
2015 AD2 Latitude, 3.2
542 Posts
I have a 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk. I dropped it off at the dealer to get the PTU replaced under warranty. I got it back and immediately could hear the exhaust puttering under the driver side floorboard. They took it back and replaced some gaskets. It sounds exactly the same and now they are saying the work they did has nothing to do with the exhaust leak.

Can anyone knowledgeable about the situation tell me how the work they did ended up with my car having an exhaust leak and my car sounding like a go-kart?
The rear catalytic converter needs the bolts removed and needs to be moved out of the way and secured in place and then the exhaust pipe needs to be removed from under the engine. So could be gaskets still or the flex pipe was damaged during them working on it. Push them and let them know it wasn’t this way when you brought it in. And as Sanghill said get with Jeepcares on this forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rear catalytic converter needs the bolts removed and needs to be moved out of the way and secured in place and then the exhaust pipe needs to be removed from under the engine. So could be gaskets still or the flex pipe was damaged during them working on it. Push them and let them know it wasn’t this way when you brought it in. And as Sanghill said get with Jeepcares on this forum.
Thank you for insight on this repair. They told me those were exactly the items that were having issues and that their PTU replacement didn't touch either of them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@JeepCares, can you assist me with getting this fixed? The dealership is telling me they didn't touch any of the items they are now saying are broke, but my Jeep didn't have this issue before they replaced the PTU.

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
4,574 Posts
They told me those were exactly the items that were having issues and that their PTU replacement didn't touch either of them.
They lied, those bastards!!! Why doesn't that surprise me??? Tell them you now need the complete exhaust system replaced UNDER WARRANTY!!!😎

·
FCA Customer Support Group
1,480 Posts
@JeepCares, can you assist me with getting this fixed? The dealership is telling me they didn't touch any of the items they are now saying are broke, but my Jeep didn't have this issue before they replaced the PTU.
We can certainly discuss this further with you, onecubed, but cannot guarantee any certain outcome. Please send us a private message to get started.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
2016 high altitude
94 Posts
Ironically I’m having a similar issue did the recall work, got it back and now I hear a weird clicking when I brake?

·
Registered
321 Posts
The quality of service from Jeep approved dealerships seems VERY random! - and that's world wide!! If asked what I consider to be problems with the Jeep brand I'm still saying after sales service reputation, and poor dealership standards - with the latter very likely being the biggest issue in the resulting perception of the former... IMO Jeep needs to do some serious dealership backside kicking!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
PTU replacement absolutely requires at least the flex pipe to be removed...I had to do that to replace the PTU bolts that mysteriously backed out by themselves.

I’ve read the flex pipe is a bit fragile so yes, go back to them and ask how exactly they replaced the PTU without removing that, or did they even replace the PTU?? 😎

Good luck, be calm and respectable but state the facts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts