2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check your Owner's Manual, it describes all of the buttons for all vehicle configurations whether you have it or not.
Page 87 or there about shows all of the buttons and explains their function.
Thank you for the suggestion. I thought maybe those pages were stuck together somehow but then I remember electronic pages don’t do that. I had read the manual several times through over the few years I have had the vehicle. Then as was just now and while there is some information it doesn’t cover it all.

· Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
2,590 Posts
I have a 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk Elite that is fully loaded. Well almost there is one button space that is not used and I have not been able to find what it would be for.
anyone ? Anyone ?
How about a picture???

· Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
8,817 Posts
I think the unused switch is for "ParkSense OFF".
Can't see the picture very well in the PDF Owner's Manual.
Maybe somebody that has ParkSense can confirm this?
I can read the word "OFF", but I can't see the icon.
That's the button directly to the left of the 4 way hazards...😎

· Registered
8,817 Posts
I think it's the Forward Collision Alert off button.
Maybe for your European models. I think that is required by Federal law for us here in North America, and therefore cannot be disabled, unless it's possibly in the Uconnect settings, but I'll have to look...😎

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That’s what I got just off is all I can get
Don’t think it is park sense that is the one far left
i have the FCA option and don’t remember seeing anything about being able to turn it off.
maybe block heater which I don’t think I have.
thank you for the interes

· Registered
8,817 Posts
Do you have the tire pump/patch kit
I don't, but I have the offroad kit with recovery strap, gloves, and a couple other things. I've actually only opened it up to look in there once. Maybe it is in there. I think that's a Trailhawk thing though...😎

· Registered
118 Posts
Maybe for your European models. I think that is required by Federal law for us here in North America, and therefore cannot be disabled, unless it's possibly in the Uconnect settings, but I'll have to look...😎
Downloaded the 2016 US owners manual and it's FCA off in that. I'll look for a later year to compare.

· Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
2,590 Posts
Looks like it's Forward Collision Warning On/Off in the Earlier model, in the 2019+ all the FCW settings were moved to the uConnect 4 screens...
I had to look at my dash, when I drove this morning, that is the one blank on mine as well. :cool:
(From my 2019)
Font Symmetry Parallel Document Number

(Below from a 2014)
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Font Line Tread

· Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
1,388 Posts
This is the correct answer. I had the same question with mine. I did a lot of searching through photos online till I saw it. Its probably required for non US markets if I had to guess. It can be turned off in the uconnect settings.

Reactions: RollinRocko

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is the correct answer. I had the same question with mine. I did a lot of searching through photos online till I saw it. Its probably required for non US markets if I had to guess. It can be turned off in the uconnect settings.
Thank you for the info. I sure would like to be able to use the switch to control something. I have added a lot of LED and EL lighting to mine controlled by a few dozen switches and the mercury switch for the engine compartment LED.

· Registered
2019 Limited 2.0T Billet Silver
32 Posts
On my '19 Limited this button is the "Green Light Button." At red lights my son and I press it and it works (eventually) every time! :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.