2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Cherokee Trailhawk, Cold, Mopar hitch, MFC HID's, 245/70R17 KO2's and LED Fogs
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone in the Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, WV, TN area going to attend this event coming up? Not sure how many TH will show up. Rides are split up into ability/modifications. Lots of DBBB videos on YouTube (some showing Subaru's having no trouble) so I feel like the TH should be able to manage most of this. Expecting mud and some water fording. Always best to wheel in a group.

Has anyone really tested the 21" of water fording?

"The Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway (DBBB) is a scenic motorized tour of the foothills, high cliff-lines, hollers, and diverse deciduous forests of eastern Kentucky. The DBBB is comprised of official county and public roads with variable terrain types, including moderate-to-difficult trail sections, sweeping gravel roads, and interconnecting pavement including sections of the Federal National Scenic Byway through the Red River Gorge Geologic Area.

Fundraising rides are held throughout the year and are open to any licensed, registered and insured 4WD vehicles. Difficulty levels from easy to advanced are available to accommodate driver's of varying skill levels.

Registration for upcoming events will open 60 days before the event date. Check this page as more official Byway rides are added to the schedule.

Events are staged at Callie's Lake and Campground in Stanton, KY. They offer full RV hookups as well as electric only and primitive campsites. Reservations can be made via their website."

Event Link

·
Registered
169 Posts
I didn't have any issues when I was on the MarbleHead Loop trail in Michigan, it has a reasonably deep creek fording area you have to go through, just remember not too fast and steady on the speed. Also the airbox is located on the passenger side under the wheel liner so you may want to take a look just to see how the air intake operates and gives you a better idea about fording.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts