2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my lightbar today and also installed controller box. I have a lot of room for expansion on my controller. first I removed the roof rails, I then hollowed out the front left rivnut that holds the rack in place. Be carefull if you do this and not drill it oversize, the rivnut will fall off. I then installed hazzard sky brackets with body tape installed between the brackets and paint. I then ran the wires down the a pillar to the boot for the bulk head connector. I installed a multi gang controller and put the switch panel in front of the shifter, while mounting the controller box on top of the fuse panel. Overall I am super happy with the install and happy with no wiring showing.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am getting ready to do this with my KL.

What size drill bit did you use to open up the rivnut?

AK4wheeler
I used a 1/4" bit. but be carefull to drill straight into it. if you remove the wall the rivnut could fall out. then also make sure you pull the headliner down so as not to drill thru it either. I then ran it down the a pillar and went thru the bulkhead connecto. Mind you its full of tat"dum dum" so it may be difficult to get thru it. I had to as my connector was more than just a couple wires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts