2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys! Last week I bought US version of Jeep Cherokee Lattitude 2015. I have a few little issues with that car. At first I want to change region and language on my Uconnect 8.4 without NAVI, i think it is possible with European update version . I'm right? Maybe you know where i can find EU update version? Maybe you have some EU updates to yours Uconnect or you know how to do this?
Second thing is change colour of LED rear turn signals from red to orange/yellow. This is programable?

I tried download some updates from driveuconnect.com but when i type EU VIN , error pop up that VIN number is incorrect or my Chrome browser is broken. But when i type my VIN number, update to download shows up.
Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi, i don´t think you can upgrade your Uconnect 8.4 to European your self, you have to find some dealer or some other company that works with this.
Regarding your lights, i believe there is not possible to reprogram those, you have to make a lot of changes in your cars electrical system, first you must have an electrical diagram of your car, them you have to buy 2 separate resistor units, find the wires to the rear Stop/Turn signal from the BCM, cut those wires and connect the two resistors to the wires from the BCM, them connect the other side to the side turn signal wires from the side mirrors, this wires connects to the reverse lights with amber bulbs (cut the reverse wires at the bulbs), you must connect the center brake light to the brakes lights and that´s all.
Hopes you understand my explanation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've already spoked with an electrician from Jeep Service and he said that is possible to reprogram rear lights to another colours :) i've found an option in my Launch x431 but there i have 3 colours (blue, red, white) in procentage proportion... i must find exact proportion and it will be done :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Regarding to Uconnect 8.4 ... I saw few videos on YT and they only updating with another software (probably newest version EU software). Maybe someone on this forum have EU version of some update and can send me it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi, that´s great, i had the last software for my 2014 Cherokee Uconnect 8.4 update that i get from the Uconnect Europe, but now i can´t find it, sorry.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The problem it’s the frequency used here in EU are not the same in USA. So you have to change the hole unit.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
There is a simple way to change the rear signal lights to amber. I have done this before. The rear amber turn signal in the EU version is the outside back up light in the US version. Therefore, all you need to do is to cut the wire going to the brake lights coming from the brake light switch on the brake pedal. Connect the wire coming from the brake light switch to a wire and run it to the rear lights. Determine which wire at the rear lights is for the brakes, cut this wire and connect your new wire from the brake light switch to the brake light wire on the tail light connector. Run your wire over to the other side and do the same. Determine which wire is for the signal light; cut it off of the connector, cut the wire going to the back up light, and connect the signal light wire to the backup light wire. Remove the clear bulb and replace it with an amber bulb. Done. Simple. Now, this was done on vehicles before everything was done by computers. I measured the voltage on my 2014 Dodge Journey at the tail lights, which were LEDs just like the KL. The Voltage was 12V, so I'm guessing the KL is the same. There was a voltage reducer in the tail light housing that dropped the 12V down to whatever Voltage the LEDs required. It is stamped on the tail lamp housing. I have never had the tail lamp housing off of my TH; this is a wild stab that they are the same!

If this works, and I believe that it will, then anyone in the US with a 2014-2018 can have rear amber turn signals! But, we will lose one of the back up lights on each side.

·
Registered
397 Posts
i've already spoked with an electrician from Jeep Service and he said that is possible to reprogram rear lights to another colours :) i've found an option in my Launch x431 but there i have 3 colours (blue, red, white) in procentage proportion... i must find exact proportion and it will be done :)
Can you tell me what "things" you can change with the x431?
I see in the documentation you can read and reset several things but no mention of programming changes.
Thanks

Crash486

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The problem it’s the frequency used here in EU are not the same in USA. So you have to change the hole unit.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Frequency is not a problem, when you change software to EU frequency change too. You don't need to change hole unit it is only software problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can you tell me what "things" you can change with the x431?
I see in the documentation you can read and reset several things but no mention of programming changes.
Thanks

Crash486
Yeah you're right... i can only test led's colour... maybe WiTech can do this...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, does any of you know the way to convert us software to europe version? I watched few videos on youtube and read some articles and at the moment I know that I need two flash drives. First with newest uConnect software and second with the other software which name I dont know. Am I right? Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
hola,

Una pregunta sabes como hay que hacer para cambiar las luces intermites a color ámbar como España?

Gracias y saludos,

Vicente

·
Registered
1 Posts
Всем привет. Я также ищу способ конвертировать мой uconnect 8.4 VP4 n / a в eu. Текущая версия программного обеспечения - 18.45.01. Готов купить решение этого вопроса.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts