2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys- been a lurker for a while now. Picked up a 75th Anniversary 2016 back in July '16. It's a lease so I cannot go too crazy, but coming out of a '13 JKU it's hard not to want to do "Something".

In any event, lots of posts about what will and won't fit under these things, so thought I would share. Found a great deal on Nitto TG G2's at a local shop (couldn't get them online for less) and being that they aren't a big nationwide shop they let me tinker (most have hard and fast rules on sizes and such).
So, we mounted up the driver front and gave it a go. Clearance is tight, but good. Mind you I have AD2 that's in the 75th package so I'm up a bit on Limited and Sports already.
I've got HazardSky lift on order (goofiest thing is he lives literally 3 minutes away from me but will take a week to get because of how things shop etc). So when that comes I'll have a bit more room with be bottom of the spring mounts up front, but even without, I'm good.

The TG G2's in 265/60r18 come in around 30.5" so it's a meaty look.

Picked my son up from school and he thought I got a new Jeep!
Only bad part is the wife keeps trying to take it now!!

Pics for clicks--

Attachments

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Welcome, good job, enjoy on the I-83 and US 15 corridors.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That looks great. I've been thinking about TH wheels/tires, but really don't want to deal with getting rid of my stock wheels. This option is better.

One thing to note is that Nittos tend to run smaller than other tires. This size might have rubbing issues with other brands.

I have Nittos on the Mustang though and love them so I'll stick with them on the Jeep too.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
I've got HazardSky lift on order (goofiest thing is he lives literally 3 minutes away from me but will take a week to get because of how things shop etc).

I should have your kit finished up by saturday. I'll shoot you a message and if you like we can meet up somewhere. I'll even refund the shipping if we do an in person pickup :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: David_Baker

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I found the Nittos slightly smaller when I had 34's on my Wrangler.
They are just so nice though compared to BFG's and Goodyears.

Funniest part of this install was my fellas removing up to 3oz of weights on the wheel with stock tires- threw the Nittos on and they all but balanced out!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Awesome! Any chance you can take some more pics before the lift? I'm in a similar way, I got a 17 anniversary edition and wanted some AT tires but love the stock bronze rims and am having trouble finding middle ground. If they run well and don't rub I may do the same thing. Might have trouble finding an installer who will trust me that they fit.
Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Good to know. I have been wanting to change out the tires on my 18s, but really don't know what to go with. Glad I can mark this down as a possible tire.

Also, nice to see you are from New Freedom. I'm right up the road between Dover and Manchester.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys- been a lurker for a while now. Picked up a 75th Anniversary 2016 back in July '16. It's a lease so I cannot go too crazy, but coming out of a '13 JKU it's hard not to want to do "Something".

In any event, lots of posts about what will and won't fit under these things, so thought I would share. Found a great deal on Nitto TG G2's at a local shop (couldn't get them online for less) and being that they aren't a big nationwide shop they let me tinker (most have hard and fast rules on sizes and such).
So, we mounted up the driver front and gave it a go. Clearance is tight, but good. Mind you I have AD2 that's in the 75th package so I'm up a bit on Limited and Sports already.
I've got HazardSky lift on order (goofiest thing is he lives literally 3 minutes away from me but will take a week to get because of how things shop etc). So when that comes I'll have a bit more room with be bottom of the spring mounts up front, but even without, I'm good.

Pics for clicks--

·
Registered
3 Posts
Will the 265/60R18 fit on a 2017 jeep cherokee sport? I was wondering how much space I'm going to have in the wheel well and how much height am I going to gain having this done I have 1 inch adapters I went from 110 to 114.3 lug pattern with a 18 inch rims anyone??

·
Registered
3 Posts

Pics for clicks--

Pics for clicks--

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Will the 265/60R18 fit on a 2017 jeep cherokee sport? I was wondering how much space I'm going to have in the wheel well and how much height am I going to gain having this done I have 1 inch adapters I went from 110 to 114.3 lug pattern with a 18 inch rims anyone??
I think that was done AFTER a 2 inch lift was installed, and I'm pretty sure it probably wasn't drama free, and more than likely needed some kind of cutting and grinding modification due to rubbing. Is your Sport even 4x4, and I'm assuming that if it is, you have Active Drive I, or ADI???😎

1 - 13 of 13 Posts