2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just so happened to choose a 2020 fwd limited model with 2.4L as my rental car. It had 18500 miles vs my 2019 (3 years old with 13500 miles) Here are the biggest differences:

• can really notice how much lighter it is
  • can really notice how much lower to the ground compared to a trailhawk with a 2in lift
  • better gas mileage
  • really slow. I keep putting my foot down looking for more power and get nothing
  • transmission shifts much smoother
  • steering is tighter
  • the leather seats are much better than my elite. Softer leather, they feel more cushioned (like more foam or something). I'm not sure if the seats are actually supposed to be so different or if my vehicle is just weird, or something. This limited had no ventilated seats and my elite does so perhaps that meant they couldn't fit as much cushion inside. I don't know.

Reactions: Duke2015

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
3,345 Posts
really slow. I keep putting my foot down looking for more power and get nothing
I hate when that happens!!! That missing turbo sure makes a difference right???

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite 2.0L, w/factory tow, sunroof, technology group,
177 Posts
It is, but your still running a vacuum until about 50 percent load.

·
Registered
2015 AD2 Latitude, 3.2
369 Posts
Just so happened to choose a 2020 fwd limited model with 2.4L (AD1) as my rental car. It had 18500 miles vs my 2019 (3 years old with 13500 miles) Here are the biggest differences:

• can really notice how much lighter it is
  • can really notice how much lower to the ground compared to a trailhawk with a 2in lift
  • better gas mileage
  • really slow. I keep putting my foot down looking for more power and get nothing
  • transmission shifts much smoother
  • steering is tighter
  • the leather seats are much better than my elite. Softer leather, they feel more cushioned (like more foam or something). I'm not sure if the seats are actually supposed to be so different or if my vehicle is just weird, or something. This limited had no ventilated seats and my elite does so perhaps that meant they couldn't fit as much cushion inside. I don't know.
So is it FWD or is it AD1? You listed it as both.
I ask cause FWD will be lots lighter and lower then the Trailhawk, and the fwd based steering will make the weight feel different too , along with the softer springs and struts/shocks.
The AD1 will also feel different and lighter , besides being lighter, due to the softer springs and struts/shocks, the ADII and ADII lock has stiffer springs and shocks/struts besides being heavier.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite 2.0L, w/factory tow, sunroof, technology group,
177 Posts
So you've logged with OBD2 scanner that the vehicle won't give ANY boost until 50% throttle then?
Yes. I run obd2aa (which uses torque app) through android auto on the screen. It still pulls a vacuum up until about 50% load, not necessarily 50% throttle.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'll get a video of it later today. Im not 100 percent sure how to post it, but I can always throw it on youtube and post the link. The measurement is after the throttle body, so in theory, you could have slightly higher pressure on the other side, but thats not going to give you a power benefit until the throttle body let's in enough air to overcome at least the vacuum the engine is trying to pull. I have is set right now to show anything over 0 psi, but I can change the guage to also show negative, which will show vacuum as well.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is, but your still running a vacuum until about 50 percent load.
This correlates with my experience. I have learned how much to press the gas pedal to get no turbo boost.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So is it FWD or is it AD1? You listed it as both.
I ask cause FWD will be lots lighter and lower then the Trailhawk, and the fwd based steering will make the weight feel different too , along with the softer springs and struts/shocks.
The AD1 will also feel different and lighter , besides being lighter, due to the softer springs and struts/shocks, the ADII and ADII lock has stiffer springs and shocks/struts besides being heavier.
I thought all front wheel drive cherokees had AD1. Is that not the case?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gas mileage is great too. I am getting like 30 in the city compared to 20 in my trailhawk.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'd like to see a video of this behavior because the turbo TH i drove was always boosting just driving around town and accelerating
Here are some of the videos. I was a little off, boost comes on a little over 40% load. This is a 2019 TH Elite with the 2.0L, all stock. Most of it is 45mph speed limits with some traffic lights and rolling hills. I'm generally light on the throttle when driving, unless I want to really push it. Running 93 octane (not that it matters with low load, but I have a Costco close to me so its not much more than 87 at most stations). MPG average over last 2,300 miles is 23.4, which includes several off-road trips. Average MPG for the latest tank was 26.5 mpg (which is a little above average normally). I was using a generic OBD2 reader using the torque app and screen recorder for the one video. For the other, same thing, but was using obd2aa to send through the android auto Uconnect.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Do you have a PID for engine torque being produced in real time?
Yes, but I don't have the exact weight of my vehicle, so not sure if it would be accurate (never really checked it). I've been waiting to get my RRO super sliders in, and then was going to take some stuff to the dump, and grab the weight on my way out.

·
Premium Member
3,502 Posts
You have a TH? My fat all and my TH was around 4600lbs with a full tank of gas, use that value i'm less concerned with exact values but more the behavior during shifts..........you sure it goes off weight though?

AlfaOBD doesn't require weight to be entered it reads the value right from the engine.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts