2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I had my CO2 tank filled today at a new place, and they overfilled it. It burst while I was at work and my dashcam caught it on video. No damage luckily, just need a new tank. Honestly I thought it would have been worse. I thought it would blow out my windows if this ever happened.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
Fill up my tires after offroading. I can fill up all 4 tires in like 60s at 300psi.
Wow...I don't think having that thing under the seat is real safe. That could have been really bad with people in the car...馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Wow...I don't think having that thing under the seat is real safe. That could have been really bad with people in the car...馃槑
I obviously don't store it there normally. I had just left it there because I had just got it refilled and was late to a meeting.

Reactions: Flybynightcru

Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
There are vents that let the air out in all cars. If not, the windows would burst just by shutting the door.

Registered
And the tank did not burst. At the valve is a rupture disc designed to fail when the tank pressure becomes excessive. If the tank was overfilled is one way and in a hot vehicle is another. These are replaceable.
Household hardware Plumbing fitting Cylinder Wood Auto part

Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
And the tank did not burst. At the valve is a rupture disc designed to fail when the tank pressure becomes excessive. If the tank was overfilled is one way and in a hot vehicle is another. These are replaceable. View attachment 219435
I've surely blown a few on hot days back when I was big into paintball. Even a normal charge in a hot car will do it almost every time.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And the tank did not burst. At the valve is a rupture disc designed to fail when the tank pressure becomes excessive. If the tank was overfilled is one way and in a hot vehicle is another. These are replaceable. View attachment 219435
I looked into pressure relief valves so that I could at least save some of the CO2 but pressure relief valves for high pressure (3000psi) are crazy expensive. I could guy 10 tanks for the cost of one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts