2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a limited and that chrome trim has got to go honestly. does anyone know what my best options are? I don't want to get one of those kits from amazon honestly unless someone suggests doing so but Im more interested in a high quality solution. not anything that might look bad or start falling apart over the years. lemme know what you have guys. thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I have a limited and that chrome trim has got to go honestly. does anyone know what my best options are? I don't want to get one of those kits from amazon honestly unless someone suggests doing so but Im more interested in a high quality solution. not anything that might look bad or start falling apart over the years. lemme know what you have guys. thanks!
I just realized that the new Cherokees and I think something TH always had was black roof side rails.. is my only bet to have my roof rails vinyl wrapped? can I purchase OEM black roof racks?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I can answer this question also. I deleted all of my chrome. I shaved all my tailgate and door emblems and left them off. For the tailgate Jeep emblem, front Jeep emblem and front grill, I researched and ordered the emblems for a Attitude Edition KL if you want black emblems...you can order the emblems from a Trailhawk Edition if you want them metallic grey. Same for the front grill surrounds. The roof rack I removed, prepped, used adhesion promoter, and sprayed using Rustoleum gloss black ceramic engine paint. I also ordered the Attitude Edition roof rack caps (you will break the original plastic caps...guaranteed). The side window chrome trim was the hardest. I did the same steps as the roof rack but did lots of masking off. Since the side window trim is stainless steel, the paint does chip on occasion. I just touch up with the same paint using a detail brush. The exhaust tips I did the same as the side window trim, I even painted the muffler that juts down lower than the rear bumper cover using Rustoleum Flat black engine paint.

AK4wheeler

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
2,317 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I can answer this question also. I deleted all of my chrome. I shaved all my tailgate and door emblems and left them off. For the tailgate Jeep emblem, front Jeep emblem and front grill, I researched and ordered the emblems for a Attitude Edition KL if you want black emblems...you can order the emblems from a Trailhawk Edition if you want them metallic grey. Same for the front grill surrounds. The roof rack I removed, prepped, used adhesion promoter, and sprayed using Rustoleum gloss black ceramic engine paint. I also ordered the Attitude Edition roof rack caps (you will break the original plastic caps...guaranteed). The side window chrome trim was the hardest. I did the same steps as the roof rack but did lots of masking off. Since the side window trim is stainless steel, the paint does chip on occasion. I just touch up with the same paint using a detail brush. The exhaust tips I did the same as the side window trim, I even painted the muffler that juts down lower than the rear bumper cover using Rustoleum Flat black engine paint.

AK4wheeler
Have any after pictures of the roof rack? That might be more reasonable cost wise than buying the factory black ones

·
Registered
263 Posts
Have any after pictures of the roof rack? That might be more reasonable cost wise than buying the factory black ones
I do not have any close up pics, but pics of my KL is shown in this thread.

AK4wheeler

1 - 7 of 7 Posts