2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Did you get a good deal on the all-new Blazer? Poor sales have lead to $6000-6,500 back in some cases.

For a sporty mid-size SUV, the Blazer has enough going for it. Performance is where it should be and features enough to keep complaints at bay. Pricing is a different story.

Paying up to $50,000 out the door for the Blazer RS can be steep whether leasing or buying. On the lower end, Blazer L and LS start within the $30k range. Slash off 20% and you can get a similarly configured Equinox. Yes, shopping for a Blazer comes at a premium. If you're willing to accept that fact among the lower trims, the question to lease or buy comes up.

Coming across an actual deal can take work as some Blazer owner and those still shopping have proven. Though, incentives up to $6,500 (RS) in cash have been seen in some cases (at the dealer level). In other situations, the opposite is found - no lease incentives. Poor sales could help see more of the former. Chevy is offering a $2,000 cash allowance that applies to every Blazer trim. Beyond that better deals are likely offered at the dealer level as pressure to move Blazers heat up.

Continue Reading...

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I didn't even know the Blazer was back on the scene.

And I must say... I'm very disappointed. From a stylistic standpoint you wouldn't even know this was some "hot new thing". It looks like every other SUV being pumped off the production line this half-decade. Capability-wise, the friggin thing doesn't even have an available 4WD system with low range. It's basically another tall commuter car.

The Blazer has a sort of special place in my heart. Growing up, my dad traded in his GMC Jimmy (the former adventuremobile, which I was too young to remember much of) for a brand new Blazer when I was in my elementary school years. Man, we made a lot of great memories in that thing! So many adventures, so many camping trips. If the road got rough, no problem. It was bone stock and not a purpose-built trail machine or anything, but it crossed whatever terrain stood between us and our destination.

Sad to see what was once an icon, turn into... this.

via tapatalk : 2014 V6 Trailhawk

·
Registered
188 Posts
Not off-road, not cheap.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I think the styling is nice. Heaven knows the old school Jeep people crapped their pants when the KL came out and bastardized the beloved Cherokee name... It's as much a Blazer as the new Cherokees are Cherokees.

·
Registered
760 Posts
It's as much a Blazer as the new Cherokees are Cherokees.
No, it's not, because the KL Cherokees are available with a real 4WD system and are still capable of going off-road on something more than gravel.

·
Registered
136 Posts
NEITHER!!!

Government Motors are only good for salvage yards.

AK4wheeler
Haha. A couple of the most reliable, long lasting vehicles I've ever owned were Chevy's.

I think the styling is nice. Heaven knows the old school Jeep people crapped their pants when the KL came out and bastardized the beloved Cherokee name... It's as much a Blazer as the new Cherokees are Cherokees.
Agreed. I like the styling as well.

No, it's not, because the KL Cherokees are available with a real 4WD system and are still capable of going off-road on something more than gravel.
I believe Freedom was talking about the styling changes made to the vehicles. As to the Blazer, it may not have a real 4WD drive system (although one could argue about the definition of real) but it has some good specs, including a 308hp V6 available. From the reviews I've read the thing drives/handles more like a a good sedan than a top heavy SUV. I'd love to take one for a spin someday.

That said, it is pricey and I'll be sticking with my Jeep for now. :)

Reactions: 04Freedom

·
Registered
598 Posts
I thought of that, but Lindy's comment was also part of what I was thinking. Not everyone wants 4WD. Most Trailhawks are mall crawlers.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
598 Posts
The new Blazer looks extremely similar to the new Hyundai Santa Fe. It's uncanny.
Yet it looks like a tall Camaro, too!

A Blazer in the top trim with AWD, a moonroof, and all the main luxury option packages has an MSRP of about $54k!
Good grief. Might as well swing to a Wrangler for that kind of money.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,161 Posts
I saw one at the National Auto Show. It literally looked and felt like every other generic mid-sized crossover SUV.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Haha. A couple of the most reliable, long lasting vehicles I've ever owned were Chevy's.

Consider yourself one of the lucky few. There has been 8 GM's in my family between myself and my children and 7 have been the biggest turds on 4 wheels. The ONLY GM I have owned that was worth anything in dependability would be my 92 Pontiac Firebird.

I have had friends who had the same bad luck with GMs...they finally moved to Ford, Toyota and Dodge. Only 1 person that I know has gotten 12 years and 200K out of his GM truck...ONE.

You can waste your money on what you want...but this guy will never sit his butt in another POS GM.

AK4wheeler

·
Registered
760 Posts
I've had good luck with GM vehicles, too, except for my first car, a 1976 Pontiac Sunbird.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Just did a built-in sheet on the Chevy Blazer what I adding the price be $50,000 one feature I like you can get dash cams from the factory front or both front and rear the dual dash cams have 499 option something I wish Fiat Chrysler we offer I'm sure they will in the future

$499
Premium Thinkware F800 Dashcam by EchoMaster - Associated Accessories. Protect yourself or your vehicle fleet while on the road or parked with a reliable and accurate video witness with a Chevrolet Accessories Premium Thinkware Dashcam by ECHOMASTER. The dashcam automatically records and saves video files during incidents. Package includes front and rear cameras, with hardware and wiring. Non-GM warranty. Limited warranty by EchoMaster, 3 years/36,000 miles (whichever occurs first). For more information, contact your dealer.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
1. Why in the wild, wild, wild world of sports is this even on our forum? This is ad looking like a post.

2. After getting burned on an '11 GMC Terrain and that GM has only one real offroading capable vehicle, except the Colorado ZR2, everything else is the cookie cutter SUV/CUV with bs AWD/4WD, why anybody would buy GM over the Asian brands or FCA or Ford makes no sense other than loyalty to a dying brand.

3. GM is sending their assembly to either Mexico or now China and are shafting the American public almost daily.

So, in at nutshell even if I was given one for free, would sell it in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
136 Posts
1. Why in the wild, wild, wild world of sports is this even on our forum? This is ad looking like a post.
Blame the moderator. haha

2. After getting burned on an '11 GMC Terrain and that GM has only one real offroading capable vehicle, except the Colorado ZR2, everything else is the cookie cutter SUV/CUV with bs AWD/4WD, why anybody would buy GM over the Asian brands or FCA or Ford makes no sense other than loyalty to a dying brand.
That bs AWD/4WD is all the vast majority of consumers will ever need.

3. GM is sending their assembly to either Mexico or now China and are shafting the American public almost daily.
It's not just GM. Chrysler, Ford, Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, Honda, Volkswagen and Audi, all have plants in Mexico. Why? Because of the cheap labor. The hard reality is that at the end of the day all Automakers have to answer to their Shareholders and all that matters to them is profits. Creating jobs for Americans or Canadians? Only if it is profitable for them. Unfortunately this is the way it will always be...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts