2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Drove about 20 miles, just about at the destination the shifter tree lit up and service shifter on the dash, happened before a bunch, off and on and no codes still

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
4,938 Posts
Sounds like a multitude of things to me. Have we tried a brand new X2 Power 94R battery yet??? Those usually fix those kinds of things like 95% of the time. If not, there's always this option, "I don't know what happened Mr Insurance adjuster, it was parked, and it just rolled away."...🤔😉😎
Liquid Wood Atmospheric phenomenon Water Bottle

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I checked the recall list, nothing was on it for my vin. I got some weird low idling and a multiple misfire, not uncommon. It's shifting better (transaxle fluid was low) and 2-3-2 gear isn't lagging as much, and some downshifting rev matching is quicker. Haven't had it slip out of gear or lurch or shift into gear hard since I've had it.

I had talked to the insurance company and told them it was having electrical issues, was a few times I asked it to burn itself down. Though plenty of cliffs to roll it off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Now getting multiple misfire, and rich mix in bank 2 system. Hopefully an air filter replacement will take care of that, old one is kind of nasty. Got that problem a bit here and there, mostly in low gear going slow for terrain, and more often in sport or mud/sand with esc all off in 1-2 while it's hot. - it starts with the auto start stop being temporarily unavailable, runs like crap with shaking and throttle lag, sounds like it's about to stall, then engine light blinks and smooths out and engine light goes solid. Usually the light goes out and messages and codes clear out, but got a code finally.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I’m wondering is he using the correct battery? An AGM battery or just a cheap one? I’m thinking all this is battery related. If the 2015 latitude takes a an AGM battery like the Trailhawk make sure you replace it with the same type.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts