2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Some where deleted on the '16's or at least mine. The Willys is not on the Windshield and the "No Step" is not on the door sills.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I dont know if I would classify the "NO STEP" as an Easter Egg. I feel that is more of a warning so that if you step on it and mess it up, Jeep can say "It warns you right there so we arent covering it under warranty".

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Indiana Twp. Pittsburgh???
Gibsonia here
I hear the Renegade has more eggs
Yep from Pittsburgh! The Renegade does have more.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
I dont know if I would classify the "NO STEP" as an Easter Egg. I feel that is more of a warning so that if you step on it and mess it up, Jeep can say "It warns you right there so we arent covering it under warranty".
Always reminded me of the warnings they place on fighter jets.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some where deleted on the '16's or at least mine. The Willys is not on the Windshield and the "No Step" is not on the door sills.
Wonder why they removed them for 2016? Did not know that.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Yeah I was surprised too. Still got the map on the seat though.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But it is since the "NO STEP" has been used since military Jeeps. And no one could possibly think the door seal on the Cherokee can be used as a step lol.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Indiana Twp. Pittsburgh???
Gibsonia here
I hear the Renegade has more eggs
Probably because FCA is putting all their eggs in one basket. They have given up on the Cherokee, along with all the aftermarket folks, IMHO

Think... Ducatti when they brought out the 999 to replace the 996 / 998 series supervises. The 999 was considered the best v twin super bike on the planet but the styling by Pierre terblanche was considered ugly by Ducatti purists and it was discontinued after 3 years. They gave up on it because people thought it was ugly despite being true to Ducatti spirit of v twin super bikes. So I think the Cherokee is too far off the jeep template of rugged boxy with little starey round eyes and short front rear overhangs. The purists will kill it off. In a few more years it will be gone. Its already lost its lustre for Jeep and they are focusing on the much more, jeep looking Renegade. It makes me sad because I think the Cherokee is fantastic and a great vehicle. And I was hoping to save my pennies ( except they're gone the way of the 999, as well) and by a Trailhawk in a couple more years. More and more are showing up in my neighbourhood and the dealerships can't seem to keep them on the lots. Tons of renegades and wranglers and one or two Cherokees on the lots that I drive by every day. Which either means the dealers aren't stocking them, or they can't keep the ones they stock.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
And when your windshield cracks and they replace it with a New one ....the jeep is silhouette is gone :(
Didn't have it in the first place. So won't miss it.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I still have the Willy, have to check for the no step though.

·
Registered
6,360 Posts
Tons of renegades and wranglers and one or two Cherokees on the lots that I drive by every day. Which either means the dealers aren't stocking them, or they can't keep the ones they stock.
Its the latter. Cherokee continues to be the best selling Jeep model. Its breaking all sorts of Jeep records.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And when your windshield cracks and they replace it with a New one ....the jeep is silhouette is gone :(
Good point! Man I was thinking about replacing too since I have a few chips but will hold off.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Wow, I didn't know about the Rubicon trail under the seat! Good find!

If ya got ventilated seats, ya got a cool butt but no map or space!:wink:

Go Jeep!!!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Good point! Man I was thinking about replacing too since I have a few chips but will hold off.
there are glass repair kits for chips and cracks, you can pay a company to do it or you can fix it urself for a few bucks. youtube has lots of diy videos

·
Registered
366 Posts
Here's another one: The shape of the Driver Information Display (between the tach and the speedometer) resembles the shape of the front of a 1941 Willys Jeep.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts