2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
note that it is 121 miles to my exit, and I can make it to my destination, which is further away, in 42 minutes! That means about 180 mph if I figured right. LOL. Sadly, I had to pull off and gas up, and navigation was functioning correctly when I restarted.
I did a bit of looking on Google Maps, and I believe your map is probably correct. Estimating where you are (I40 in Continental Divide, NM), I found an exit 289 to Navajo Blvd 120 miles to the west, in AZ, to which Google says the travel time is 1 hour and 44 minutes.

With New Mexico being on Mountain Daylight Time and Arizona being on Mountain Standard Time, you gain an hour in route to the destination. So the current time 2:57pm + 1:44 - 1:00 = 3:41pm. So assuming your final destination is within a handful of minutes from the exit that seems pretty reasonable to me?

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
This is interesting, I had thought about time zones, but saw that AZ and NM were in the same zone. Didn’t think about AZ not being on DST!
Time zones and DST can be really weird. Here in Oregon everything is, obviously, Pacific Time Zone. Except for a good part of Malheur County in the east which is in Mountain Time Zone due to the proximity to Boise, ID. Not being from there, if you're trying to make an appointment or reach a store before it closes or something, this can be a quite nasty surprise sprung on you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts