2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
A white 2021 Trailhawk named Stormtrooper.
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
note that it is 121 miles to my exit, and I can make it to my destination, which is further away, in 42 minutes! That means about 180 mph if I figured right. LOL. Sadly, I had to pull off and gas up, and navigation was functioning correctly when I restarted.

Plant Automotive navigation system Automotive design Gadget Audio equipment

Premium Member
note that it is 121 miles to my exit, and I can make it to my destination, which is further away, in 42 minutes! That means about 180 mph if I figured right. LOL. Sadly, I had to pull off and gas up, and navigation was functioning correctly when I restarted.
I did a bit of looking on Google Maps, and I believe your map is probably correct. Estimating where you are (I40 in Continental Divide, NM), I found an exit 289 to Navajo Blvd 120 miles to the west, in AZ, to which Google says the travel time is 1 hour and 44 minutes.

With New Mexico being on Mountain Daylight Time and Arizona being on Mountain Standard Time, you gain an hour in route to the destination. So the current time 2:57pm + 1:44 - 1:00 = 3:41pm. So assuming your final destination is within a handful of minutes from the exit that seems pretty reasonable to me?

Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
I bet the system is adjusting to the funky time zones in AZ. :cool:

Reactions: KL14

Registered
@KL14 beat me to that one! :ROFLMAO:

Registered
With the time zone factored in it's more like 71-ish average MPH. Considering the posted speed limit is 75 MPH that seems reasonable.

Reactions: KL14

Registered
Nobody in AZ drives the posted speed limit. I've been going 75 in a 65 zone and get passed by an AZ trooper doing 80+ (no red lights & siren) many times. This is for over 20 years!

Registered
Nobody in AZ drives the posted speed limit. I've been going 75 in a 65 zone and get passed by an AZ trooper doing 80+ (no red lights & siren) many times. This is for over 20 years!
Yeah, but no one knows how much of the remaining trip is not on the interstate, just the next exit, me thinks @AZJeeper and @KL14 were taking that into account... :cool:

Premium Member
This is interesting, I had thought about time zones, but saw that AZ and NM were in the same zone. Didn鈥檛 think about AZ not being on DST!
Time zones and DST can be really weird. Here in Oregon everything is, obviously, Pacific Time Zone. Except for a good part of Malheur County in the east which is in Mountain Time Zone due to the proximity to Boise, ID. Not being from there, if you're trying to make an appointment or reach a store before it closes or something, this can be a quite nasty surprise sprung on you.

Registered
Those are rookie numbers. Out here in the ATL, 85+ in a 55 is completely normal. And then you have the 100+ crew on top of that. :ROFLMAO:

I think speeds would be higher than that if it weren't for the left lane campers. If you want to go camping, head to the mountains, not the left lane. 馃お

1 - 15 of 15 Posts