2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
I never thought I'd use it much when I got my 17 TH but am very happy with it, I put my dog supplies in there and hang my leash off the jeep hooks, very useful. I'll have to check out how much extra space the 19s have with the elimination of this but for me I'm happy I have it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'd love a set of those for my jeep. Too hard to source unfortunately.

Crash486

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I never thought I'd use it much when I got my 17 TH but am very happy with it, I put my dog supplies in there and hang my leash off the jeep hooks, very useful. I'll have to check out how much extra space the 19s have with the elimination of this but for me I'm happy I have it.
I use mine for the same thing, plus my first aid kit is on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got tired of the Off-Road bag hanging in the way of the cargo area. Noticed that on the right side there is an alcove with two bag hooks that just perfectly fits the "Trailhawk" Off-Road bag so I designed and 3D printed a secondary cargo management system for the right side. It worked out better than expected. See below:

Hanger for the Off-Road bag:

Now instead of this:

I have this:

If you are interested in printing this for yourself, I posted the project on Thingiverse HERE. Let me know what you think of this solution.

Reactions: OhareFred

·
Registered
559 Posts
My 2019 doesn't even have any of that nonsense. This is the best $20 I've ever spent on a cargo management system. Drop the grocery bags in, and roll!!!
Screenshot_20200801-175304_Amazon Shopping.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
View attachment 211633
My 2019 doesn't even have any of that nonsense. This is the best $20 I've ever spent on a cargo management system. Drop the grocery bags in, and roll!!!

Nonsense? It is an option I really like and I'm sad Jeep decided to pull it from the later models. Seems a step back to de-innovate.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Nonsense? It is an option I really like and I'm sad Jeep decided to pull it from the later models. Seems a step back to de-innovate.
I think they quit offering those, because they take up too much room in an already small cargo area. Seriously though, that little envelope cargo net is a great addition. It's great for grocery bags, and it lays down flat when you don't need it. Best $20 accessory ever!!!

·
Registered
821 Posts
They got read of it because when they servayed owners most did not use it and instead actully complained it took up cargo space and made tye cuby behind it hard to use. So in 2019 if you have a compact spare (FWD and ADI) ypur load floor can sink down a couple inches and they made tye cargo bay wider and mad both cubbies in the back bigger. Which having owned a 2018 before my 2019 (got bit by tye offroad bug and went from a limited to Trailhawk Elite) im much happier with tye extra width and bigger cubbies. I was in tye camp that never used the system and could not bring myself to spend $50+ for basic items designed to work with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Like others have stated you can easily take the entire bracket off and stow it in the garage if you need the extra space. Its handy to have this option because it holds your stuff securely. It sucks that the new Cherokees don't even have the option, but I am glad you are happy with a $20 net to solve your lack of a CMS.

I just wanted to post my creative solution to solve the space issue with the off-road bag and i thought i would share it with others that might like the solution. I didn't want to start a debate over the option.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Like others have stated you can easily take the entire bracket off and stow it in the garage if you need the extra space. Its handy to have this option because it holds your stuff securely. It sucks that the new Cherokees don't even have the option, but I am glad you are happy with a $20 net to solve your lack of a CMS.

I just wanted to post my creative solution to solve the space issue with the off-road bag and i thought i would share it with others that might like the solution. I didn't want to start a debate over the option.
Ya, it's kind of a bummer that my Yeti cooler pretty much takes up the whole cargo space, but the securement loops are all in right spots to keep it from moving around. That's why I'm working on putting together a Rooftop Cargo Management System.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts