2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how you guys are using the cargo management system. Seems silly to use something seemingly useful and sturdy, to hang a bag on that probably doesn't get opened often. Any clever uses???

·
Registered
753 Posts
I love the Cherokee, but that "cargo management system" they brag about is useless.
As noted, only "use" I have found is to hang their disposable grocery bags on. And it really got in the way when I put my golf bag in the back. Happily, the bar is designed to remove in about 2 seconds. I took it out, my golf bag fits better now, and the disposable grocery bag is hung over the gear selector by its handles and serves as my Cherokee trash bag.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The Cargo Management System is more than just the metal bar.

I use the Cooler Bag (Part #82213723) for the cold stuff, which I clip onto the bar (think horrible milk spilling experience once but thankfully not in the Jeep), the Storage Tote (Part #82213732) and the Cargo Tote (Part #82208566) all the time. I love they way they all line up nicely in the back and everything is tidy and neat as far as groceries and kid stuff goes. I also love that I only have to do three trips carrying all the groceries from the vehicle to the house.

I am fully aware that of course, you can purchase generic alternatives to the above, but those generic alternatives do not have 'Jeep' printed on them. :grin:

·
Registered
281 Posts
I am fully aware that of course, you can purchase generic alternatives to the above, but those generic alternatives do not have 'Jeep' printed on them. :grin:[/QUOTE]

You need to get out more, like to China, sure the spelling might not be right, but, same thing except that its Cheep, without having to go into your pocket too Deep.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I am fully aware that of course, you can purchase generic alternatives to the above, but those generic alternatives do not have 'Jeep' printed on them. :grin:
I write "Jeep" on my plastic grocery bags with a permanent marker and tie them to the cargo bar.

:grin:

·
Registered
626 Posts
I put some velcro wraps on mine to hold things to it. Usually the propane tank when I go to fill it or my cooler (Put me in the group of not wanting to spend 60 bucks on a Jeep cooler)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I attach all kinds of stuff using Velcro too. I saw a net, much like the one that comes with the trail hawk, that had Velcro down each side that stuck to the backseat. Other that possibly pulling the carpet on the backs of the seat I thought it was a clever idea. I agree, it's annoying when trying to fit a golf bag. Where are you guys finding the knock off bags? I feel like it would be more beneficial to have a bag the same depth as the trail hawk bag but about twice as wide and twice as long. My tow straps stay in the spare tire gaps as well as the gloves. That trail hawk bag is an awkward size.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I use the net and grocery bag hooks all the time. Stuff doesn't spill and roll around that way. You can put things inside the pocket in the net also.

And hey, it might be gimmicky and not as ground breaking as it sounds, but at least the other guys don't have it.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I use the net and grocery bag hooks all the time. Stuff doesn't spill and roll around that way.
For me it works for 2 or 3 grocery bags...due to lack of space, more than that everything gets crushed. I'm thinking about modifying the cargo net to hang the bags

·
Super Moderator
4,168 Posts
I use it like this with the Off-road kit. I've also used velcro straps to hold things like backpacks, or luggage to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
I use the nice bags I got at the auto show with my cargo management system. Since I occasionally shop at Aldi's now I bring my own bags and hook them onto the system after shopping. They keep everything upright and steady.
I hate smashed hamburger buns and bread. I too use the various velcro products out there to organize various items but thought the ideas shown here were pretty clever. This is a great place to keep learning just how valuable my Jeep is! Thanks guys.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have the TH toolkit and first aid kit stored behind the bar, 3 of the Jeep hooks for hanging shopping bags, I am trying to come up with a way to attach the fishing rods to it. I happen to like the concept and wish Jeep would come out with a few more "things" for the cargo system.

Reactions: fusseli

·
Registered
314 Posts
I use the cargo system to hold my money bags for the second million I am making. The first million went to ****! So I still only need one. Not a second on the right side.

Reactions: dhh3 and Flipper

·
Registered
281 Posts
Jeep Technician, "Uh oh, these number plate holders don't fit on the bumper.
Jeep Ideas Man " Well, put it in the back of the car and stick a couple of hooks on it.
Jeep Technician. " Nah, the customers probably won't like it"
Jeep Ideas Man. "They will if we call it Cargo Management System"
High 5's all round.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I use mine as intended. When I need more space I just pop it off and toss it in the garage. I have added additional stuff to each bag as needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
The 19's don't have the cargo management system. That space is now use to give more storage room.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts