2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a Jeep dealer today and was checking out a 2017 TH and it comes with a sweet cargo cover that looks like it was leather and I ask the parts department about getting one and they could not find one and I look on line for it and I could not find one and I been looking for one but all I can find is cheap one so does anyone know how to get one or if someone who TH came with one would like to sale theres

·
Registered
194 Posts
You do realize that there is more to it than just the cover!
The rear 1/4 wall panels an the rear pillar are molded to
hold the cover in position.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked on Amazon and all looked cheap and some want you to glue parts to your back seat, i am not going to glue stuff to my leather seats.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I'm glad we got our TH without one. I got one with my Outback, and the first thing I did was store it on top of the spare tire. I see no real use for it at all since all cars now come with tinted windows. It just gets in the way and takes up cargo space.
Our '14 Limited came with one from factory. I really wanted to make sure it came with one when we ordered, but once we got the Jeep,it has sat in the garage. Yep, we don't use it. Takes up too much cargo room for a unit that is already challenged for cargo room.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I use mine whenever I keep any valuables in the back. Yes, the glass is tinted, but on a bright sunny day you can see right in there. I don't get the complaint that it takes up cargo space. Are you stowing it properly with the cover tucked between the beam and the seat? Doesn't take up any room at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
I use mine a lot too.

One thing I did right off the bat was bring it inside and use a hairdryer to get that instruction sticker off. Looks much better now.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I use mine whenever I keep any valuables in the back. Yes, the glass is tinted, but on a bright sunny day you can see right in there. I don't get the complaint that it takes up cargo space. Are you stowing it properly with the cover tucked between the beam and the seat? Doesn't take up any room at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they mean is when the seats are down where do you put the darn thing? Seats up d it's stowed and useable. We have two TH one has the Cargo Cover or "Tonneau" the other CD player both useless far as we are concerned! Cover in garage and CD in center console taking up space, never used, oops once to try it! All CD music on a "stick" ready to plug in!:surprise:

Oh well to each his/her own. Dark windows but as someone said, sunny day then can see in! Cover on and used, probably means something good in there!!!:wink:

Go Jeep!!!

Reactions: 007 and Duke2015

·
Registered
400 Posts
Oh well to each his/her own. Dark windows but as someone said, sunny day then can see in! Cover on and used, probably means something good in there!!!:wink:
Ha! That's very true and a valid point. But they way I was taught is that a smash and grab job is going to aim for something obvious, like some idiot that leaves something valuable out in the open where it can be clearly seen from the outside. So if the smash and grabber sees my Jeep with the cover deployed in the back, and a car with a box in the back seat close by, chances are they're going to go for the box in the back seat and not just the chance that there may be something in the back of my Jeep. It's all a game of chance, really. I've even gone as far as putting my laptop in the spare tire area (since I didn't get the spare tire option) if I have it with me when I'm out and about. Surely, there's no way a smash and grabber is going to bust the window out, somehow get the liftgate open (I'm not even sure how you can do that without setting off the alarm) and checking underneath the floor of the cargo area.

Reactions: sadatoni

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know you brake the back windows and as long the don't open the the doors the alarm won't go off , I read about people doing that to KL

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
always have good intentions to use those, ever since my 1st 4Runner in 1987. then the 3 that followed, then the Ford Escape, then the Subaru Forester ... but they all wound up in my basement

the Jeep's is the smallest & most useless. the cargo area is tiny & the back windows are so dark, I don't personally need it & it just gets in the way. ppl sure like it when you sell the car or trade it in tho!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts