2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
2019 jeep cherokee latitude
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this been answered before but can I lift my 2019 cherokee latitude fwd? If so what is best budget lift kit. I keep reading about the goods and bads for rough country and I know there is a good budget kit out there?

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
I'm sure this been answered before but can I lift my 2019 cherokee latitude fwd? If so what is best budget lift kit. I keep reading about the goods and bads for rough country and I know there is a good budget kit out there?
Welcome from Utah. Sure you can lift it. If you are on a budget, check out Hazard Sky...馃槑

Registered
2019 jeep cherokee latitude
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I was thinking about hazard sky too but I'm in between a leveling kit or lift kit from them because my front end lower 30in and the back is about 33in I think.

Registered
Thanks I was thinking about hazard sky too but I'm in between a leveling kit or lift kit from them because my front end lower 30in and the back is about 33in I think.
So go 2 inches in the front, and 1 1/2 in the rear...馃槑

Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
So go 2 inches in the front, and 1 1/2 in the rear...馃槑
This is the right answer, just double-check with HazardSky (or whoever) that they have a lift for a non-TH. Also keep in mind that larger tire sizes will differ between a TH and non-TH vehicles.

Registered
This is the right answer, just double-check with HazardSky (or whoever) that they have a lift for a non-TH. Also keep in mind that larger tire sizes will differ between a TH and non-TH vehicles.
I am also considering the hazard sky lift for my limited. what do I have to consider before moving forward such as the height of my front end vs my rear and things of that nature. I dont know what I am doing.. :oops:

Registered
I am also considering the hazard sky lift for my limited. what do I have to consider before moving forward such as the height of my front end vs my rear and things of that nature. I dont know what I am doing.. :oops:
Depends on what lift you get. They have full 2" which lifts front and rear pretty equally, leveling kit that lifts the front 2" and the rear 1.5". Which ever way you go, I would recommend having it professionally installed, as most issues are usually associated with improper installation procedures...馃槑

Registered
I have a 2019 FWD Latitude + and I just lifted it using the Rough Country 2" lift. Was able to fit 235/65R17 Maxxis Razr AT tires on stock Latitude rims using 1" spacers (not sure if I needed the spacers, but HATED the lug bolts).

See post #14 for pics

AK4wheeler

Registered
I have a 2019 FWD Latitude + and I just lifted it using the Rough Country 2" lift. Was able to fit 235/65R17 Maxxis Razr AT tires on stock Latitude rims using 1" spacers (not sure if I needed the spacers, but HATED the lug bolts).

See post #14 for pics

AK4wheeler
okay nice. What are your thoughts on the lift? How does it feel/do you notice it when you drive/look at your car. I鈥檓 not fully committed to a lift yet more focused on a latter and other exterior mods first

Registered

See post #14 for pics

AK4wheeler
Keep me posted on those Maxxis Razr A/T's. The more I read about those, the more I like them. I'm probably going pickup a set to use as street tires, and trail riding on my Can Am. They are almost half the price of the KM3's I'm currently running. Guess I need to start shopping for another set of wheels, and keep the KM3's for Moab, and extreme conditions. Was going to get another set of Toyo's like I run on the Trailhawk, but the Maxxis are quite a bit less expensive than even the Toyo's, and I really like the sidewall bite on them compared to the Toyo's. Tread patterns are extremely similar...馃槑

Registered
Keep me posted on those Maxxis Razr A/T's. The more I read about those, the more I like them. I'm probably going pickup a set to use as street tires, and trail riding on my Can Am. They are almost half the price of the KM3's I'm currently running. Guess I need to start shopping for another set of wheels, and keep the KM3's for Moab, and extreme conditions. Was going to get another set of Toyo's like I run on the Trailhawk, but the Maxxis are quite a bit less expensive than even the Toyo's, and I really like the sidewall bite on them compared to the Toyo's. Tread patterns are extremely similar...馃槑
i just picked up the new nitto nomad grapplers and they have an awesome aggressive looking sidewall. Just thought I would throw that out there because they鈥檙e great road tires but they still look cool as hell. I use the alternate side of the tire because you can use either side depending on which sidewall you want.

Registered
I LOVE the look of my Maxxis tires. Loved the price also and they have a 55K mile warranty. They ride very comfortably and preform well in dry, wet, muddy, and sandy conditions here in coastal SC. The only issue I have is on the KL platform, they have some noise ONLY from 47-55mph...other than that they are more quiet than the POS Firestone Destination LE2s that were on the KL before. I am thinking that the cabin of the KL is culprit...maybe amplifying the harmonics of the tires. I plan to Dynamat the KL this fall when it gets cooler to quiet the noise. I would so far recommend the Maxxis tires.

okay nice. What are your thoughts on the lift? How does it feel/do you notice it when you drive/look at your car. I鈥檓 not fully committed to a lift yet more focused on a latter and other exterior mods first
I do not feel any difference with the RC lift from stock...other than the height. The KL rides and preforms like stock. I was able to install the RC lift in my garage with normal hand tools, a torque wrench, and one specialty socket for the special headed bolt MOPAR uses on the bottom of the strut clamp...an E-14 socket I bought at Advanced Auto Parts. Easy enough job...get an alignment after. The tires do throw the odometer and the MPG off a bit. When I figured my MPG by math, I lost 1.5MPG on the last 2 tanks even though the KL computer shows I have lost 8MPGs. I do not know if the PCM can be reconfigured for the new size tires.

AK4wheeler

Registered
I LOVE the look of my Maxxis tires. Loved the price also and they have a 55K mile warranty. They ride very comfortably and preform well in dry, wet, muddy, and sandy conditions here in coastal SC. The only issue I have is on the KL platform, they have some noise ONLY from 47-55mph...other than that they are more quiet than the POS Firestone Destination LE2s that were on the KL before. I am thinking that the cabin of the KL is culprit...maybe amplifying the harmonics of the tires. I plan to Dynamat the KL this fall when it gets cooler to quiet the noise. I would so far recommend the Maxxis tires.

I do not feel any difference with the RC lift from stock...other than the height. The KL rides and preforms like stock. I was able to install the RC lift in my garage with normal hand tools, a torque wrench, and one specialty socket for the special headed bolt MOPAR uses on the bottom of the strut clamp...an E-14 socket I bought at Advanced Auto Parts. Easy enough job...get an alignment after. The tires do throw the odometer and the MPG off a bit. When I figured my MPG by math, I lost 1.5MPG on the last 2 tanks even though the KL computer shows I have lost 8MPGs. I do not know if the PCM can be reconfigured for the new size tires.

AK4wheeler
the lift reduced your MPG or do you mean the tires you put on it reduced the MPG

Registered
[QUOTEI plan to Dynamat the KL this fall when it gets cooler to quiet the noise. I would so far recommend the Maxxis tires.

I Dynamat鈥檇 and Dynafoam my 2017 KL years ago, it mostly paid off in the roof wind noise generated from the Gobi Stealth Rack, I was losing my sanity before that and glad to report that I still have most of it intact today 馃お

1 - 16 of 16 Posts