2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
Hey Cowboys, retirement is way cool and way busier than working.

Yes, there is a few posts out there on rotating the strut bearing to improve front wheel camber. I think it is in the Dobinsons threads.

I should look them up for myself. At 135K miles, it's about time to rebuild the suspension, brakes, steering, etc. and the the Snowhawk ready for ski season. Maybe I'll get around to scrapping off the rock slider rust and give them a new coat of paint.

Here's the most relevant link:
https://www.jeepcherokeeclub.com/goto/post?id=2904624

Read these 4 posts in the Dobinsons +Aussie thread, 326-329.

Or do a search on "bearing cap".

·
Registered
222 Posts
It's pushing it to the limit, literally. That's why I havnt installed, looks good on paper though. Waiting to see if anyone successfully installs with no issues.
I have a 2 inch lift with the dobinsons 1 1/4 lift all is good so far ,I’m running 32s but my mileage is at 20 mpg! Happy Jeeping 😃

·
Registered
222 Posts
I guess anything is possible if you have the knowledge, and mad fab skills...I don't think anyone has had success yet. It's just part of the game, if you want to go over 2 inches, you're going to have to live with the negative camber issue, among other things...😎
You’re right! This is why I stuck to the 2 inch lift, but I’m glad to see other jeepers pushing the boudries we’re there’s a will there’s a way! We just haven’t found it yet , but we will! Happy Jeeping 😃

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hey Cowboys, retirement is way cool and way busier than working.

Yes, there is a few posts out there on rotating the strut bearing to improve front wheel camber. I think it is in the Dobinsons threads.

I should look them up for myself. At 135K miles, it's about time to rebuild the suspension, brakes, steering, etc. and the the Snowhawk ready for ski season. Maybe I'll get around to scrapping off the rock slider rust and give them a new coat of paint.

Here's the most relevant link:
https://www.jeepcherokeeclub.com/goto/post?id=2904624

Read these 4 posts in the Dobinsons +Aussie thread, 326-329.

Or do a search on "bearing cap".
I died not know there was a strut bearing. I'll go searching to see if I find anything.

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,508 Posts
21 - 30 of 30 Posts