2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Limited Diesel - My wife noted this morning on her way to work that the cabin heater has stopped working. Worked fine yesterday???? The blower fan works fine, the temp select can be scrolled up and down on the U connect touchscreen but no warm air comes out of the vents. As a starting point to resolve this problem, has anyone here on the forum had a problem similar to this? If so any tips on what direction I should take to resolve this problem?

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Are your coolant temperatures fluctuating weirdly during drives? Are you getting heating on drivers side but not passenger side or vice versa?

Check your coolant levels and see if they are low.

I had a similar problem a while ago and it turns out there was a slow leak in my radiator.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mrsamsa, I don't normally drive the Jeep ( belongs to mywife) but I will certainly take your advice onboard. I have dowmloaded the troubleshooting guide from my service manual so I will work through that as well;

Page 172

CONDITION POSSIBLE CAUSE

Insufficient, Erratic, or No Heat Low Coolant Level

..... Incorrect thermostat.

..... Restricted coolant flow through core.

..... Heater hoses plugged.

..... Misadjusted control cable.

..... Sticking heater control valve.

..... Vacuum hose leaking.

..... Vacuum hose blocked.

..... Vacuum motors inoperative.

..... Blocked air inlet.

..... Inoperative heater blower motor.

..... Oil residue on heater core fins.

..... Dirt on heater core fins.

·
Registered
855 Posts
IME the most common cause is a low coolant level as suggested above. Any new puddles under the engine compartment or coolant smells while driving recently?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts