2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to make my jeep a tad bit faster..
Just curious to know what kind of bolt-ons people are using and are happy with...
I don't know much about the jeep platform, but do have some knowledge pertaining to turbo setups..

Intake, exhaust, BOV(?), downpipe(?)

I did read there is an ecu on the transmission/tq converter that won't allow much more to put down to the wheels?
Did I comprehend that correctly? If so, has anyone figured out how to get around it?
I was reading a thread earlier, but it turned in to an online ego argument.. :|

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Just curious to know what kind of bolt-ons people are using and are happy with...
I don't know much about the jeep platform, but do have some knowledge pertaining to turbo setups..

I did read there is an ecu on the transmission/tq converter that won't allow much more to put down to the wheels?
Did I comprehend that correctly? If so, has anyone figured out how to get around it?
Nothing really available yet for bolt on performance mods on the 2.0T. There's some exhaust system things out there, but you're not going to get much improvement other than the way it sounds. The aftermarket industry has yet to embrace our KL's for whatever reason. I have to say though, I'm pretty damn impressed with the performance of the 2.0T the way it is...

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts

There is no online EGO argument, i've posted multiple times with facts and data as to why there is nothing you can currently do with a 2.0T to make it faster. The transmission is rated to handle 354ft/lbs, however its programmed in both the engine and transmission computers to be limited to 295ft/lbs, meaning there is nothing you can do even if you did add power to the engine with mods because if you can't change the engine and transmission programming you simply can't get past the 295ft/lb limit. There has been people who have claimed their cherokee was much faster with "piggyback" tuners however those claims were totally unfounded. Make your own home made intake or switch the muffler for a different sound that's really all you can do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is no online EGO argument, i've posted multiple times with facts and data as to why there is nothing you can currently do with a 2.0T to make it faster. The transmission is rated to handle 354ft/lbs, however its programmed in both the engine and transmission computers to be limited to 295ft/lbs, meaning there is nothing you can do even if you did add power to the engine with mods because if you can't change the engine and transmission programming you simply can't get past the 295ft/lb limit. There has been people who have claimed their cherokee was much faster with "piggyback" tuners however those claims were totally unfounded. Make your own home made intake or switch the muffler for a different sound that's really all you can do.
Ha!
That's what I was referring to.
Home made intake... Is there a thread for that?
How about a blow off valve?

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
So you are referring to my online ego then?
1. Have you tuned and researched and tested the engine and transmission in these vehicles?
2. Why do you think i'm wrong.

Here is one part (in the transmission) where you can see its limited to 295ft/lbs via torque management.

Short of taking out the airbox and putting a cone filter in there isn't much to do, and when you do something like that you risk much greater intake air temps, which in turn make the vehicle pull more timing and make less power.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1. Have you tuned and researched and tested the engine and transmission in these vehicles?

Here is one part (in the transmission) where you can see its limited to 295ft/lbs via torque management.

Short of taking out the airbox and putting a cone filter in there isn't much to do, and when you do something like that you risk much greater intake air temps, which in turn make the vehicle pull more timing and make less power.
No, you dummy...
I was referring to the other idiot that clearly couldn’t back up his claims. In return killed off the whole thread.
Now that’s out of the way.

thanks for your info, man. It’s appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Anyone thought about maybe a cold air intake, if there's enough room in the engine bay that is..

·
Registered
263 Posts
Go here
DiabloSport Tuning Now Supporting 2018-2020 Jeep® Wrangler JL 2.0T

this is all they got but nothing for the 2.0 turbo Cherokee YET.

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
That's because there isn't any, again like I keep saying all along unless you can deal with the torque management you can't do anything for the platform. Diablo never supported the pentastar on the cherokee platform. 99.99% chance they won't ever support the KL platform and the 2.0 either

1 - 12 of 12 Posts