2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything has been working fine, until about a month or 2 ago. No Uconnect upgrades have been done for quite some time. Anyway, here's what's going on....

My phone and the Uconnect paired just fine and they connect easily every time I start the Jeep.

But, during an incoming call, pushing the green phone button on the steering wheel does nothing. Pushing the answer button on the Jeeps touchscreen does nothing. However, sometimes it seems like the system may have answered and connected to the incoming call, but no sound comes from the speakers in the Jeep and no sound comes from the earpiece/speaker on the phone. Yes, I have the volume on the Jeep turned up to about the 20 setting.

I have the same problem with outgoing calls...I do not hear any ringing through the speakers, but I think the phone connection is made with the other person....no sound comes through the Jeep speakers or the phone. However, if I make a 2nd attempt at the outgoing call right away, sometimes it works perfectly and I can hear the other person through the Jeep speakers.

I have un-paired and re-paired the phone a couple of times, with no luck.

Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Having the same Iphone Uconnect issues with both my 2018 Renegade and 2019 Cherokee. The system worked flawlessly in both vehicles in the past however now it has become more than annoying. Anyone else having issues?

·
Registered
22 Posts
On my 2019 Cherokee the phone stopped connecting at all to the car. Rebooting the phone fixed it. Must have been a phone OS update that killed something and it needed a reboot.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have rebooted the phone multiple times. I have even cleared the cache on the phone multiple times. No luck.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump....

@High Octane is having this problem with an iPhone. My phone is a Droid.
:unsure::confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got an SRI with navi 800 today (2009) and have been playing with the infotainment centre tonight. I tried connecting my phone but the navi and my phone can't see each other. Bluetooth is activated on both devices, and I get the screen "Ready to pair in next 3 minutes, Code 1234" on the navi, but the navi doesn't see my phone and my phone can't find the navi. My phone is a Pixel 2.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 jpg to pdf

·
FCA Customer Support Group
1,389 Posts
I got an SRI with navi 800 today (2009) and have been playing with the infotainment centre tonight. I tried connecting my phone but the navi and my phone can't see each other. Bluetooth is activated on both devices, and I get the screen "Ready to pair in next 3 minutes, Code 1234" on the navi, but the navi doesn't see my phone and my phone can't find the navi. My phone is a Pixel 2.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 jpg to pdf
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know when you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it is working now ----

Here is what I did a couple days ago....

1. started the jeep and let it run for about 10 minutes -- my internal reasoning was to allow all of the electronics to get up and running fully
2. after the initial 10 minutes, I went into the touchscreen phone settings and Deleted my phone from the list of paired phones
3. then, I went into my phones bluetooth setting and deleted Uconnect from my phones list of paired devices
4. I waited another 5 minutes before doing anything else
5. then, I started the pairing process with the touchscreen first
6. after that, I started the pairing procedure with the phone
7. I allowed everything to connect and activate...contacts, messages, etc.
8. I waited another 5 minutes to ensure everything was complete
9. then, on the touchscreen, I went through the phonebook, recent calls, etc. to make sure everything had loaded
10. when I was certain it was completely paired properly, I called my voicemail and checked for new messages just to see if it was going to work correctly

It worked flawlessly. Now, a couple days later, it still seems to be working just fine....so far.
Obviously, something was going wrong with the many pairing attempts a tried previously. Not sure what it was, though. Maybe waiting for the electronics to fully wake up and attend the "meeting" was the key...I don't know.

I hope this helps others with similar problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts