2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had issues with their radio system? last year it would freeze up and then the screen would go blue this happened a lot and was in and out of the dealership multiple times finally they replaced the whole radio/screen unit. Recently I have been having the same issues again it froze and restarted 3 times in a 1-minute time span, and now today the screen turned blue again. Is it worth replacing the radio unit again or just moving onto a new car? I have a 2019 Jeep Cherokee trailhawk.

·
Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
1,008 Posts
I wouldn't move on from this vehicle for something that should be relatively simple to get fixed.

Since the second head unit has the very same failure mode, it would suggest that the issue is in the vehicle and not the screen, so shift your attention there. Maybe the wiring harness connection has an issue - so you could replace it, but possibly there is a ground or short problem when mounting the unit, which should be easy to find.

I would also contact Jeep Cares and see if they can't help you with this situation. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone had issues with their radio system? last year it would freeze up and then the screen would go blue this happened a lot and was in and out of the dealership multiple times finally they replaced the whole radio/screen unit. Recently I have been having the same issues again it froze and restarted 3 times in a 1-minute time span, and now today the screen turned blue again. Is it worth replacing the radio unit again or just moving onto a new car? I have a 2019 Jeep Cherokee trailhawk.
Have you had any luck with your radio? I'm having the same problem. i have a 2014 jeep grand Cherokee

·
Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
1,008 Posts
I have the 8.4 with nav. Just did the update Sunday. But still the same thing. Control's stop working and the radio turns off then comes back on
Same head unit, but have you checked on the GRAND Cherokee website?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts