2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

Black Leather Faded Mark

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Flybynightcru 
#1 ·
Hi Jeep Cherokee Club!

I just recently noticed that there was a new mark on my passenger leather seat that appears to be faded compared to the rest of the leather. I think it may have been from someone spilling something hot or hand sanitizer that was left on the seat. Unfortunately this is an eye sore for me now and looks really bad. I researched some products but I’m not sure what I should do. There is a black leather dye that I can buy to see if I can make this spot appear to be as dark as the rest of the leather? Has anyone experienced this and has some thoughts?

much appreciated!!
Shoe Grey Helmet Automotive tire Vehicle

Vehicle Car Automotive design Grey Comfort

See less See more
#2 ·
Have you tried a good quality leather cleaner and then conditioner? I don't have leather in mine, but other vehicles I have with leather have cleaned nicely with a quality cleaner made specifically for leather. I use a horsehair brush to agitate after I spray it on, then wipe off with a clean microfiber towel. Then I condition the leather with a conditioner applied with a microfiber sponge.

Edit to add that spot might appear faded, but it could actually be that the leather has dried out from whatever was spilled on it.

#3 ·
Have you tried a good quality leather cleaner and then conditioner? I don't have leather in mine, but other vehicles I have with leather have cleaned nicely with a quality cleaner made specifically for leather. I use a horsehair brush to agitate after I spray it on, then wipe off with a clean microfiber towel. Then I condition the leather with a conditioner applied with a microfiber sponge.
Hey thanks for the quick reply! I have not tried this actually. I just tried the conditioner I had and wiped it but it didn’t seem to affect the mark. I’ll go get some leather cleaner to see if it makes a difference and let you know!

#4 ·
From the looks of it, it is a burn by the way the texture is.
That is not leather but vinyl so you can try something as simple as bumper black or black trim restore but it will only be temp and will need reapplied every so often. The more proper fix is to find a vinyl paint that matches the color and tape off and spray it.

#13 ·
Hi Jeep Cherokee Club! I just recently noticed that there was a new mark on my passenger leather seat that appears to be faded compared to the rest of the leather. I think it may have been from someone spilling something hot or hand sanitizer that was left on the seat. Unfortunately this is an eye sore for me now and looks really bad. I researched some products but I’m not sure what I should do. There is a black leather dye that I can buy to see if I can make this spot appear to be as dark as the rest of the leather? Has anyone experienced this and has some thoughts? much appreciated!! View attachment 219014 View attachment 219013
The armrest on my 2023 jeep is fading to a grey color where my elbow rests. It was black leather and the jeep is only 8 months old. It is a Jeep Sahara altitude.

#15 ·
Maybe quit using cleaning chemicals, and just use a damp microfiber cloth on the leather, and a touch of conditioner once in a while???🤔😎