2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
3,608 Posts
I think this is the new normal for a while. We got so used to same day shipping for years. Now Covid knocks us back to the '90s...
If you want the B6 ( but don't need them ), your best bet is to order them now and at least get yourself in the queue.
For me, once I decide on something, I'll regret settling for the 'next best' later...
I just hope no one has to replace due to failure, then they've got you over a barrel...
I've never seen it this bad, where literally everything is on backorder. Hopefully the food supply doesn't go on backorder, or we're all in trouble!!! Already have a nice garden going, might be time to buy a couple cows...LOL!!!😎

·
Registered
Red 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
162 Posts
Well, honestly it could be worse. I ordered a light bracket March 4. Maybe someday they will ship it. I was charged March 4th as well. 3 MONTHS and waiting…so it could be worse. Just sayin…😎

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm waiting on orders from March too, trying to be patient. The shipping prior to this was so fast

·
Registered
Red 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
162 Posts
I'm waiting on orders from March too, trying to be patient. The shipping prior to this was so fast
You are actually running what I’m waiting for, I think. No names please…they say it’s awesome though! 😎

·
Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I can't remember when I actually started looking for the Bilstiens, but I believe that I may actually have the fourth shock coming to me by the end of the week. It may have been a return and I lucked out that I found it before it disappeared.

I think now that the shelves are being emptied, it's going to be some time before inventory numbers ever reach pre-Covid levels. If you even think you're going to need something, then try and get it now, don't wait. Think March, 2020 toilet paper for reference.

Reactions: Trailhawk86

·
Registered
921 Posts
I think this is the new normal for a while. We got so used to same day shipping for years. Now Covid knocks us back to the '90s...
If you want the B6 ( but don't need them ), your best bet is to order them now and at least get yourself in the queue.
For me, once I decide on something, I'll regret settling for the 'next best' later...
I just hope no one has to replace due to failure, then they've got you over a barrel...
Covid really showed how much in demand goods can be. And interestingly, it's kind of a trickle effect. When people were working from home, they wanted/needed new computers, or new components, so that drove the demand of computer components higher than the supply chain. On top of that, cryptominers went full bore, so there were no GPUs available at MSRP unless you got really lucky, or paid scalper prices (shame on you).

That helped drive the chip shortage, which has now cascaded into the automotive world to the point where new cars aren't as available because they can't get chips to put in the cars. This in turn has driven the used car market up in demand, which naturally means your car is likely worth more. And to bring all this into the thread, those who want a new car, but can't find one, or can't afford it are now fixing up their cars, including suspension.

Goods simply cannot be manufactured quickly enough, which is good for companies as it helps drive the economy, which also means more tax revenue available for governments because people are buying more stuff.

Will gasoline reach 4$/gallon later on this year? If enough people are driving because they've been cooped up in their homes for over a year, possibly.

Then if gas prices rise, that'll fuel (no pun intended) more folks to buy hybrids, and EVs if they can find them, which will also drive the infrastructure needed to charge everything. And due to extra loads on the grid, utility companies might be forced to upgrade a lot of their plants, new standards might be implemented to improve efficiency in homes, and businesses. More places will install geothermal, and solar panels, which also reduces the load on the grid.

(This is all theoretical though. Most people will likely just go back to their former selves pre-covid unfortunately. I quite like the idea of keeping hand sanitizer in my vehicle, and at least for the interim, I'll continue to wear a mask inside businesses even though I'm fully vaccinated)

Reactions: Leems and AtlCade69

·
Registered
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk V6
138 Posts
Covid really showed how much in demand goods can be. And interestingly, it's kind of a trickle effect. When people were working from home, they wanted/needed new computers, or new components, so that drove the demand of computer components higher than the supply chain. On top of that, cryptominers went full bore, so there were no GPUs available at MSRP unless you got really lucky, or paid scalper prices (shame on you).

That helped drive the chip shortage, which has now cascaded into the automotive world to the point where new cars aren't as available because they can't get chips to put in the cars. This in turn has driven the used car market up in demand, which naturally means your car is likely worth more. And to bring all this into the thread, those who want a new car, but can't find one, or can't afford it are now fixing up their cars, including suspension.

Goods simply cannot be manufactured quickly enough, which is good for companies as it helps drive the economy, which also means more tax revenue available for governments because people are buying more stuff.

Will gasoline reach 4$/gallon later on this year? If enough people are driving because they've been cooped up in their homes for over a year, possibly.

Then if gas prices rise, that'll fuel (no pun intended) more folks to buy hybrids, and EVs if they can find them, which will also drive the infrastructure needed to charge everything. And due to extra loads on the grid, utility companies might be forced to upgrade a lot of their plants, new standards might be implemented to improve efficiency in homes, and businesses. More places will install geothermal, and solar panels, which also reduces the load on the grid.

(This is all theoretical though. Most people will likely just go back to their former selves pre-covid unfortunately. I quite like the idea of keeping hand sanitizer in my vehicle, and at least for the interim, I'll continue to wear a mask inside businesses even though I'm fully vaccinated)
If we are gonna lean to the political side... As someone who lived through the Texas ice age, solar and wind power is a pipe dream. They are so easily knocked offline and useless. And the reality to a lot of this green thinking is it self indulgent nonsense. The carbon footprint created by building one wind turbine is so great that the turbine can never even offset its own footprint. But it makes the self righteous feel good to say they use green energy. It's the same for the vehicles. The mining process for the rare earth metals for the batteries is horrible for the environment. Not to mention they still have no efficient way to dispose of all those batteries once they are no good. The truth is at our current state of technology nuclear is the best option. And as for the gas going up, that's poor leadership from someone catering to personal allies over the country. Do you not remember gas being less than 1.75 before that fateful day in January? In the name of being green a pipeline was destroyed and 1000s of trucks are now transporting that oil at a substantially higher cost and do you think all those trucks have a smaller impact on the environment than a pipeline....? And for the mask, maybe read some of the infamous leaked emails that the author himself has said are real. Or maybe read the side of the box that says doesn't protect against viruses... it's nothing more than an adult security blanket. The media and corrupt individuals have destroyed the free thinking in this country. They have psychologically traumatized this country into believing only they know what is best for them. It is both shocking and saddening to see. Open debate and free thinking made this country. Can anyone honestly say things are better today....? I fear the middle class won't make it another 4 years if we keep going at this rate. Things are worse for the middle class than they have been in a decade. Even the stimulus was a joke. It's all tax payer money so just for this last stimulus they took roughly 5500 dollars from you to give you 1500 back. Our children and potentially our children's children will be paying for this. For bridges in New York and subways in LA that were paid for by a covid bill... Those are just a couple examples of ridiculous pet projects added to the bill. I am not trying to tell you to think like me, I am begging you to think for yourself, read, learn, and truly try to make this world better. Not fall in line on any side of the spectrum.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts
If we are gonna lean to the political side... As someone who lived through the Texas ice age, solar and wind power is a pipe dream. They are so easily knocked offline and useless. And the reality to a lot of this green thinking is it self indulgent nonsense. The carbon footprint created by building one wind turbine is so great that the turbine can never even offset its own footprint. But it makes the self righteous feel good to say they use green energy. It's the same for the vehicles. The mining process for the rare earth metals for the batteries is horrible for the environment. Not to mention they still have no efficient way to dispose of all those batteries once they are no good. The truth is at our current state of technology nuclear is the best option. And as for the gas going up, that's poor leadership from someone catering to personal allies over the country. Do you not remember gas being less than 1.75 before that fateful day in January? In the name of being green a pipeline was destroyed and 1000s of trucks are now transporting that oil at a substantially higher cost and do you think all those trucks have a smaller impact on the environment than a pipeline....? And for the mask, maybe read some of the infamous leaked emails that the author himself has said are real. Or maybe read the side of the box that says doesn't protect against viruses... it's nothing more than an adult security blanket. The media and corrupt individuals have destroyed the free thinking in this country. They have psychologically traumatized this country into believing only they know what is best for them. It is both shocking and saddening to see. Open debate and free thinking made this country. Can anyone honestly say things are better today....? I fear the middle class won't make it another 4 years if we keep going at this rate. Things are worse for the middle class than they have been in a decade. Even the stimulus was a joke. It's all tax payer money so just for this last stimulus they took roughly 5500 dollars from you to give you 1500 back. Our children and potentially our children's children will be paying for this. For bridges in New York and subways in LA that were paid for by a covid bill... Those are just a couple examples of ridiculous pet projects added to the bill. I am not trying to tell you to think like me, I am begging you to think for yourself, read, learn, and truly try to make this world better. Not fall in line on any side of the spectrum.

????

·
Registered
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk V6
138 Posts
Yeah sorry, it was 3 in the morning and I may have gotten carried away... LOL I definitely don't want this place to become a battleground, I would prefer it stays about Jeeps obviously. So sorry to everyone for going too far.

Reactions: Flechtight

·
Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Yeah sorry, it was 3 in the morning and I may have gotten carried away... LOL I definitely don't want this place to become a battleground, I would prefer it stays about Jeeps obviously. So sorry to everyone for going too far.

Hard to argue with many of those points you made and it doesn't matter how you vote, you spoke from the heart.

Reactions: AZJeeper
21 - 30 of 30 Posts