2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, looking for some insight or 'inside info' for shocks and struts for '14-'18 TH or ADII. I'm now at six years and 40K miles and ready to swap out the front struts and rear shocks - I have a 1-1/2" lift and plan to leave that be, no spring swap - so it's shocks only. The Bilstein B6 22-266774 (L), 781 (R) struts and 24-265980 rear shocks are out of stock everywhere and no one has any idea of if or when they will be available.

The B4 versions are evidently available, but are essentially stock replacements.

Does anyone know of any alternatives, any ideas on finding the B6's or are the B4's really a good choice? Experience and opinions are welcome because I've been looking for days!

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
Rock Auto just had them a couple weeks ago, and now they don't. Not even showing ADII struts and shocks anymore...Weird!!! Knew I should have ordered them...馃槑

Registered
Red 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Rock Auto just had them a couple weeks ago, and now they don't. Not even showing ADII struts and shocks anymore...Weird!!! Knew I should have ordered them...馃槑
Guess that why I haven鈥檛 heard from the shop that they are in. They were supposed to order them a couple of weeks ago. Go figure. Good to know鈥︷煒

Reactions: Flybynightcru

Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the assist.

I was trying them online last night and the order didn't go through so I just called them today and they told me the shocks are back-ordered with them as well and that's also for the US and Canadian warehouses. No one seems to have them right now.

Any opinions on the B4 versions?

Premium Member
Thanks for the assist.

I was trying them online last night and the order didn't go through so I just called them today and they told me the shocks are back-ordered with them as well and that's also for the US and Canadian warehouses. No one seems to have them right now.

Any opinions on the B4 versions?
I used B4's on my ADII they are a direct replacement for the cherokee, not quite as firm as the B6's but they wouldn't be a bad option

Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used B4's on my ADII they are a direct replacement for the cherokee, not quite as firm as the B6's but they wouldn't be a bad option
I guess that I'll take a look around to see if I can locate them (B4) and if so, maybe I will go that route. I've found that when suppliers post on their website 'In Stock', it doesn't mean they are not actually back-ordered.

Appreciate the help on this one.

Reactions: Flybynightcru

Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FYI...Tire rack has the front L&R B4 struts, but no shocks and nothing in the B6. Someone that I talked to today actually believes it will be 6+ months before we see any Bilstein B6 for the KL platform.

Actually took a look at the MFC Fox rear shock package, but $500 (US) is pretty steep. I may try to scrounge around for four of the Bilstein B4's and count myself as fortunate. Some of you helped in that it would seem that the B4 is just a bit better than factory and maybe that gets me close to where I wanted to get.

Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update: finding the Bilstein B6 turned out to be impossible so I turned my attention to finding B4 struts and shocks and even that wasn't easy. I must have contacted 15 vendors and have finally located the front struts and a pair of shocks, but I have them coming from four separate locations. That said, I feel fortunate to have found them at all.

A few vendors that I talked to expressed concern about Bilstein and at least two think it could be a year or two before the production can catch up with the demand.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this issue.

Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've been able to get the two front struts and one rear Bilstein B4 shock, but can't find the last Bilstein 19-267722 shock absorber anywhere. I've likely checked with over 30 vendors so far and many state they have them, but they are actually on back order.

Does anyone have any ideas of where I can find that last one?

Registered
So鈥t would appear that the Bilstein B6 for the GRAND Cherokee Trailhawk are available. How do I know this? The Jeep shop just called and the B6鈥檚 that I ordered for mine, and why I dropped my Trailhawk off yesterday, are for the GRAND Cherokee and not my Cherokee. They said the Cherokee ones are on serious backorder. 馃槑

Registered
Sux

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
So鈥t would appear that the Bilstein B6 for the GRAND Cherokee Trailhawk are available. How do I know this? The Jeep shop just called and the B6鈥檚 that I ordered for mine, and why I dropped my Trailhawk off yesterday, are for the GRAND Cherokee and not my Cherokee. They said the Cherokee ones are on serious backorder. 馃槑
Hope they realized that BEFORE they took it apart?!?!馃槑

Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
Summit is guessing August for stock on the B6 (and for the B4 rear) o_O

Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The best case scenario that I have from several suppliers is September, but at least one admitted that was an enormously optimistic timeframe. It's possible that if any Bilstein's for the KL appear in 2021, then we should likely count ourselves as lucky.

Registered
The best case scenario that I have from several suppliers is September, but at least one admitted that was an enormously optimistic timeframe. It's possible that if any Bilstein's for the KL appear in 2021, then we should likely count ourselves as lucky.
It's so weird I found this thread because just earlier this evening, I ordered new shocks and struts for my TH, specifically the B6 variant from TDot Performance. Nothing came up about being backordered, or anything, so I'm wondering if I'll be getting them sometime within the next few weeks, or if I'll be waiting a few months for them.

I have some other suspension components I'm looking to replace soon, plus rotate my tires, and all that, plus new shocks and struts would be the opportune time to do it, followed by an alignment after everything is done.

That said, if they won't be here until later this year, I'll go ahead, and replace the other parts in the meantime.

Registered
Hope they realized that BEFORE they took it apart?!?!馃槑
Yeah, it was just a drop off and pick up the next day thing. They have 鈥渙rdered鈥 the B6 but no idea when it will get here. Really no issues I just really pissed when I wrote the post. No big deal though. I鈥檒l get 鈥檈m eventually so it鈥檚 all good! It鈥檚 not like I鈥檓 a really hurry to 鈥渓ower鈥 the Trailhawk. 馃槑

Registered
So quick update. TDot Performance sent me an updated email saying that due to high demand, the bilsteins are special order only right now, and needed my confirmation for the order. So I did just that, and updated shipping times they say are 20-25 days, and looks to be a part by part basis. So we'll see how long it takes for everything to arrive then.

Still paying 500 bucks for new shocks and struts, so it's not as though this is a cheap purchase. But we'll see how this fairs. Fingers crossed!

Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
I think this is the new normal for a while. We got so used to same day shipping for years. Now Covid knocks us back to the '90s...
If you want the B6 ( but don't need them ), your best bet is to order them now and at least get yourself in the queue.
For me, once I decide on something, I'll regret settling for the 'next best' later...
I just hope no one has to replace due to failure, then they've got you over a barrel...

Reactions: Leems
1 - 20 of 34 Posts