2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
That doesn't look photoshopped at all!!! @praq1966 show this man what a 3 inch lift, and 245/70/17's looks like on a Trailhawk!!!

I have a feeling that the angle on that last one is a bit misleading, as here’s the same setup, from more of a front passenger side view, still looks decent enough IMO 🤷🏽‍♂️ I’d only go that far if for some reason I can’t get my tires to run normal daily use, as I’ve seen forums and IG posts of plenty of people running 32” tires on the 2.5” spacer lift alone

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
View attachment 214055

I have a feeling that the angle on that last one is a bit misleading, as here’s the same setup, from more of a front passenger side view, still looks decent enough IMO 🤷🏽‍♂️ I’d only go that far if for some reason I can’t get my tires to run normal daily use, as I’ve seen forums and IG posts of plenty of people running 32” tires on the 2.5” spacer lift alone
That looks a little better. Notice, it's sitting about 3 inches lower...LOL!!! I can GUARANTEE he has some serious rub issues, 1 inch of articulation on ANY corner, and he's got tires on fenders. If you want to see one of the best set up, most capable Cherokee on the planet, search @Snowhawk2015 and go to his Showcase page!!! Maybe he'll see this, and chime in. I'm not trying to give you a hard time man, it's just we think in "Real World" around here, and what's PROVEN to work, and PROVEN not to work. Trust me, there's some very resourceful Cherokee owners around here that actually know their $*#t!!! Just saying...😎

·
Registered
13 Posts
That looks a little better. Notice, it's sitting about 3 inches lower...LOL!!! I can GUARANTEE he has some serious rub issues, 1 inch of articulation on ANY corner, and he's got tires on fenders. If you want to see one of the best set up, most capable Cherokee on the planet, search @Snowhawk2015 and go to his Showcase page!!! Maybe he'll see this, and chime in. I'm not trying to give you a hard time man, it's just we think in "Real World" around here, and what's PROVEN to work, and PROVEN not to work. Trust me, there's some very resourceful Cherokee owners around here that actually know their $*#t!!! Just saying...😎
All welcome criticism! Like I said the lift is purely aesthetic to get me by until I figure out what my next project is. The big hit is when I start work on those fender flares; that I’ll probably create a design thread for and have a whole YouTube video put together for all the hours of progress and work that will go into it. I love my Cherokee but I see a pre-runner type truck setup in my future!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
All welcome criticism! Like I said the lift is purely aesthetic to get me by until I figure out what my next project is. The big hit is when I start work on those fender flares; that I’ll probably create a design thread for and have a whole YouTube video put together for all the hours of progress and work that will go into it. I love my Cherokee but I see a pre-runner type truck setup in my future!
Save up for Hennessey Raptor!!!😎

·
Registered
13 Posts
Save up for Hennessey Raptor!!!😎
I have to admit I’m a die hard GM fan so I’m waiting to find out what the next gen Silverado is going to be like, and curious about the new tundra. But most likely a PaxPower Jackal Silverado or build my own Ram Rebel 1500 prerunner and forge and FI the 5.7 V8. So many ideas lol

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I have to admit I’m a die hard GM fan so I’m waiting to find out what the next gen Silverado is going to be like, and curious about the new tundra. But most likely a PaxPower Jackal Silverado or build my own Ram Rebel 1500 prerunner and forge and FI the 5.7 V8. So many ideas lol
It takes deep pockets to play with the big boys nowadays!!! My Trailhawk is just the practical, running around town, grocery getting, road trippin, real offroad toy towing, family car. This is my real offroad toy!!!
EDBAWcKXUAIR-SS_476332142059437.jpg_large.jpeg
20210312_153129.jpg
20210312_161134.jpg

·
Registered
Red 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
108 Posts
The good thing is this project is admittedly (and shamefully) purely aesthetic. This thing won’t be seeing much off-road because I know I’m pushing it to its limit with the tire size and lift as is a daily commuter. My company is actually headquartered out of SLC and was just there in Feb for training. Gorgeous mountains and I’m sure the trails and overlanding is great out there!!

Im very ignorant to this forum platform so when I get a chance to play with it I’ll create a new forum and tag you in it, and you can tag whoever you want. But the only other thing I MIGHT do depending on how froggy I want to get is swapping the struts for Bilstein B6 OEM replacement and get TH springs that’ll give about another inch for a 3-3.5” clearance above stock. Who knows I haven’t decided yet lol
I just can’t stop laughing. So your telling me that you have giant tires and a f***king snorkle and..”hey, it just for looks. If I take it off road I might scratch the paint…”? Really? Well ok, back in the real world where Trailhawks are actually driven daily and STILL go off road when ever we want….

I present a Trailhawk with a 3” lift...in the middle of the nowhere, TX. Just sayin… all the best! 😎

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh man that’s awesome!! If you look at
I just can’t stop laughing. So your telling me that you have giant tires and a f***king snorkle and..”hey, it just for looks. If I take it off road I might scratch the paint…”? Really? Well ok, back in the real world where Trailhawks are actually driven daily and STILL go off road when ever we want…. View attachment 214062
I present a Trailhawk with a 3” lift...in the middle of the nowhere, TX. Just sayin… all the best! 😎

Easy killer, I literally said my lift is purely for aesthetic and I dont plan to do any off-roading with it, as there isn’t much off-roading to do in urban DFW. I don’t know about that other guys setup nor what he uses it for so I can’t speak for him, but mine is literally a commuter until it dies and I’ll use it to try to create the fiberglass panels; that’s about it 🤷🏽‍♂️

Not here to have a dick swinging competition, was just gaining insight on what others have done and what I plan to do. Nice setup tho, I wish the KL platform wasn’t as limited as it is, I’m sure there’d be a much greater market for them if they weren’t so difficult to alter.

·
Registered
Red 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
108 Posts
Oh man that’s awesome!! If you look at

Easy killer, I literally said my lift is purely for aesthetic and I dont plan to do any off-roading with it, as there isn’t much off-roading to do in urban DFW. I don’t know about that other guys setup nor what he uses it for so I can’t speak for him, but mine is literally a commuter until it dies and I’ll use it to try to create the fiberglass panels; that’s about it 🤷🏽‍♂️

Not here to have a dick swinging competition, was just gaining insight on what others have done and what I plan to do. Nice setup tho, I wish the KL platform wasn’t as limited as it is, I’m sure there’d be a much greater market for them if they weren’t so difficult to alter.
Hey…you can build or drive what ever you want. I really don’t care. Is the Trailhawk a “limited” platform? I would have to disagree on that, but opinions will vary. I know I can do about 92% of what a Wrangler can do, and of that remaining 8% at least 5% I wouldn’t do anyway because I like my paint. Mine is more of an overland vehicle…not a rock crawler. Have fun, design, build and drive what ever you please. I recently saw a picture of a Ferrari 308 rally car. I laughed at that too! 😎

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
So, it's gonna be a "Mall Crawler"!!!🤔😎
a69de648572579a589df2aa12a90d4a4x.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist!!! Mine's a part time Mall Crawler, Overlander, and Rock Crawler!!!😎👍

·
Registered
13 Posts
So, it's gonna be a "Mall Crawler"!!!🤔😎 View attachment 214063
View attachment 214064
Sorry, I couldn't resist!!! Mine's a part time Mall Crawler, Overlander, and Rock Crawler!!!😎👍
Haha that’s 100% going to be my build! I say that lightly, my brother had a 19’ Colorado ZR2 he does quite a bit of off-roading and overlanding with, I may embark on some shenaniganry with him sometime!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts