2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey JCC,

Tried searching the forum and haven't found anything, but it's possible my google-fu may be weak. While doing some research on lift kits for my TH, and having decided I'm going with a suspension lift, instead of a spacer lift, I found Bilstein's B12 Kit (46-280206). Having had nothing but great experiences with Bilstein from past applications, and none with Dobinsons, I was curious if anyone had tried these out on their KL.

Some things I saw on the Bilstein to give me pause were that it says in the item description that it might provide up to 30mm additional clearance depending on the application, and I can't determine if the load rating on the Bilstein is closer to the Standard or HD Dobinsons set-up. For the clearance, was that increase from a factory TH model, or off another AD1/AD2 model? I've seen mixed responses on whether the B6 shocks/struts were longer than the factory components, and I haven't found any specs on how the Pro-Kit spring to compare to stock TH.

Appreciate the feedback everyone! V/r.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks @Tyler-98-W68. Yeah, they are paired with Eibach springs. I figured it would most likely get an ADI to ADII height and no further, but one can always hope. Haha.
Eibach springs will give you about an inch of lift from stock on a TH. Friend has them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2 Posts
Eibach springs will give you about an inch of lift from stock on a TH. Friend has them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm also interested to know how your friend like the Eibach coils and how much lift He achieved after settle in.

Cause I'm also confused about the 30mm lift on 4wd with no distinction between TH and ad1 4wd.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
I'd like to see before and after measurements of this "friend" that achieved "about an inch" as there is zero proof the Eibach springs are any different than what is currently available and again they don't lift ADII (TH) vehicles)

Not very cost effective at all. Hazard Sky's 1.5" lift and Bilstein shockss and struts would be cheaper.

I found the kit for $915 on tire rack, Hazard sky is less than $100 and you can get the shocks and struts for around $450, so lets say 550. An extra $300 or so just for the "inch" because its because of different springs......huge waste of money.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I'd like to see before and after measurements of this "friend" that achieved "about an inch" as there is zero proof the Eibach springs are any different than what is currently available and again they don't lift ADII (TH) vehicles)

Not very cost effective at all. Hazard Sky's 1.5" lift and Bilstein shockss and struts would be cheaper.

I found the kit for $915 on tire rack, Hazard sky is less than $100 and you can get the shocks and struts for around $450, so lets say 550. An extra $300 or so just for the "inch" because its because of different springs......huge waste of money.
Since we're on the subject, let’s say you are someone who is going to need new shocks soon due to higher miles, but have considered the idea of a one inch lift. At that point, is it better over the long term to get oem replacement shocks (Bilstein B6 without new springs) with a hazard sky (Or other equivalent that would provide an inch lift), or replace it all with the dobinson lift?

Dobinson of course would be more expensive, but you are getting new springs in the process. Honestly, I don't know on the overall longevity of the Dobinson's compared to an oem replacement Bilstein, but curious is all.

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
I have no issues with dobinsons, there has however been strut failures on 2 occasions (maybe a 3rd i'm not sure)
The B6's are a great upgrade from the OEM ADII(TH springs) and if I was looking for a lift, i'd just get the HS 1.5 (or the new 2" levelling kit). Effectively the same thing as dobinson but much much cheaper. If someone wants to go the suspension route they can but it just doesn't seem cost effective at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts