2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey JCC,

Tried searching the forum and haven't found anything, but it's possible my google-fu may be weak. While doing some research on lift kits for my TH, and having decided I'm going with a suspension lift, instead of a spacer lift, I found Bilstein's B12 Kit (46-280206). Having had nothing but great experiences with Bilstein from past applications, and none with Dobinsons, I was curious if anyone had tried these out on their KL.

Some things I saw on the Bilstein to give me pause were that it says in the item description that it might provide up to 30mm additional clearance depending on the application, and I can't determine if the load rating on the Bilstein is closer to the Standard or HD Dobinsons set-up. For the clearance, was that increase from a factory TH model, or off another AD1/AD2 model? I've seen mixed responses on whether the B6 shocks/struts were longer than the factory components, and I haven't found any specs on how the Pro-Kit spring to compare to stock TH.

Appreciate the feedback everyone! V/r.

·
Premium Member
2,556 Posts
The bilstein kit likely uses Eibach springs, and as such won't lift a ADII or Trailhawk vehicle.

B6's are a direct OEM replacement and do not lift the vehicle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks @Tyler-98-W68. Yeah, they are paired with Eibach springs. I figured it would most likely get an ADI to ADII height and no further, but one can always hope. Haha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts