2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have been reading the forum and Im still confused on whether 245/70/17 fallen wild peak at3 will fit on a stock 19 trailhawk without any rubbing. Any clarification or advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
Hello all, I have been reading the forum and Im still confused on whether 245/70/17 fallen wild peak at3 will fit on a stock 19 trailhawk without any rubbing. Any clarification or advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance
I'm going to say, there's many more nays than yays on this. My Toyo's in 245/70/17 would have definitely been rubbing without the lift...馃槑

Registered
Ok. Would any of the mods help with that, pinch weld, plastic. Or, would I need the 2鈥 lift for that size?
Well, the problem area on the 2019+ is the lower front wheel well area. The pre 2019's have a little more clearance than we have. So yes, some trimming of this area would be required. With a 2" lift, no cutting, trimming or grinding required to fit MOST 245/70/17's, including the Wildpeaks...馃槑

Registered
I have a stock '19 TH with 245/70/17 KO2's and they don't rub. They are damn close to the fender liner in certain positions, but so far they haven't rubbed on their own. I have done some fairly adventurous off roading with them too, so this includes wheels in the air, diff lock required types of fun.

Registered
At worst you might have to get out a heat gun and play with the fender liner a bit in case your tires have slightly different dimensions than a KO2.

They are definitely a tight fit. The first tire shop I went to wouldn't mount them for me because they claimed they were too big and I wouldn't even be able to steer. :rolleyes: Found another place to give my money to.

Registered
I have a stock '19 TH with 245/70/17 KO2's and they don't rub. They are damn close to the fender liner in certain positions, but so far they haven't rubbed on their own. I have done some fairly adventurous off roading with them too, so this includes wheels in the air, diff lock required types of fun.
I bet they are damn close down on that lower front wheel well/lower bumper area. I have pretty close to an inch at the closest steering position right there...馃槑

Registered
I bet they are damn close down on that lower front wheel well/lower bumper area. I have pretty close to an inch at the closest steering position right there...馃槑
Yes they certainly are close down there at full lock, I'm sure I have less space than you since I have no lift. Maybe 1/2" to 3/4". But I haven't heard any rubbing noises while playing in the dirt and I don't see any rub marks anywhere. Different brands and types of tire tend to vary slightly in actual dimensions despite being the same size on the sidewall, so I can't speak for anything other than the KO2s until I get new tires.

The KO2s are awful in the rain on pavement, they are a bit loud, and they are probably heavier/beefier than is necessary for this vehicle since they are E load. I will try something else when the time comes, but I got a ridiculous deal on the KO2s so I just went for it. They are fantastic when off-road, and so far seem to be pretty much indestructible.

Registered
Well, the problem area on the 2019+ is the lower front wheel well area. The pre 2019's have a little more clearance than we have. So yes, some trimming of this area would be required. With a 2" lift, no cutting, trimming or grinding required to fit MOST 245/70/17's, including the Wildpeaks...馃槑
How does a lift give you more clearance in that area?

on the 2019 (and 2017) My 245/70r17 blizzaks didnt rub .. no lift.
At one angle they do get pretty close.. but didnt rub ever except when snow packed up in wheelwell a couple times in a blizzard.

Registered
How does a lift give you more clearance in that area?
It just gives you that little extra lift from the radius of the tire. No, it's not a huge difference, but it's some. We've discussed this a bunch of times, and like I said in my first post, there's been more issues with slight to moderate clearance issues with 245/70's on a stock 2019+ Trailhawk than not. It seems it just depends on the tires, and possibly some other things like actual individual spring rates, pressures, and things like that. I'm sure if we all precisely measured where the body sits on the suspension, we'd all be a little different, probably +or- an inch or so possibly. Tires as well, there's going to be some substantial differences if you precisely measured each manufacturers tires from the same size group and style of tire. A 245/70/17 is generally a 30.5", +or- a couple tenths of an inch or so generally. My Toyo's when new were almost 30.8" or so. I guess that's why a handful of 2019+ have been able to clear them, though as you know with your experience with your Blizzaks, they're very close. I think it's been the same conclusion with the 265/65's, some have experienced rubs, and some haven't. If I were running stock, and no lift, I would stick with 245/65's, but that's just me...馃槑

Registered
2019 Firecracker Red Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
I have the 245/70/17 KO2鈥檚鈥nd without my 2鈥 lift, they would not have fit. And, yeah鈥he KO2鈥檚 are are pretty aggressive little tire. Just my 2垄 馃槑

Reactions: Flybynightcru

Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Or you could just bite the bullet and go larger :). (I might be a bad influence. lol)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts